1949 Flxible Bus on Boise Craig's List $1,500

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

1949 Flxible Bus on Boise Craig's List $1,500

Post by dburt »

1949 Flxible Bus Motorhome OBO - $1500 (514 E. 45th St., Garden City Idaho) (a suburb of Boise)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-26, 2:43PM MST
Reply to: sale-k8yrs-1571971339@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This 49 Flxible bus was converted into a motor home probably about 30 years and then was parked about 20 years ago. It has deteriorated to now needing a complete refurbishing. I had planned to spend some time and money into building a cool looking RV that would be valuable, fun, and different. But I have taken on too many projects, so something has to go. This is the same style of bus used in the Robin Williams movie called "RV" and that red and white bus drew a lot of interest. One like it was sold two years ago for over $100K in Arizona.

The Flxy is in a storage area behind the building at 514 E. 45th st. in Garden City (drive from Chinden toward the Boise River). My office is next door at 605 E. 46th St., #23 which faces the river (with an American Flag in front). Call me at 208-850-1410 for more information. I am usually at my office Monday to Friday from about 9:00 am to 4:00 pm so I can show it to you then.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1571971339

Maby Rudy or someone else can post the 4 pics that are with the ad? :)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

jsthyme

Post by jsthyme »

DB - is this yours???? does she run?? could you have been holding my new home in the backyard .... I'll try to call in the AM

Joanne
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

1949 Flxible Bus Motorhome OBO - $1500 (514 E. 45th St., Garden City Idaho)

Date: 2010-01-26, 2:43PM MST
Reply to: sale-k8yrs-1571971339@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This 49 Flxible bus was converted into a motor home probably about 30 years and then was parked about 20 years ago. It has deteriorated to now needing a complete refurbishing. I had planned to spend some time and money into building a cool looking RV that would be valuable, fun, and different. But I have taken on too many projects, so something has to go. This is the same style of bus used in the Robin Williams movie called "RV" and that red and white bus drew a lot of interest. One like it was sold two years ago for over $100K in Arizona.

The Flxy is in a storage area behind the building at 514 E. 45th st. in Garden City (drive from Chinden toward the Boise River). My office is next door at 605 E. 46th St., #23 which faces the river (with an American Flag in front). Call me at 850-1410 for more information. I am usually at my office Monday to Friday from about 9:00 am to 4:00 pm so I can show it to you then.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Got love? Give love.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Talk about charm.... Better stock up on elbow grease; that will require a lot of it!

Mark
splummer

Post by splummer »

charm yes, in my opion the flxble is the best looking bus out there . i would like that one go to a good home, if it was closer i would grab it, the shipping would kill me.if possible db could you get more pics,how much cash to get her in shape would be any one guess, but would be worth it , my opion,the flxble are very rare in my part of the country, they have all been scrapped when scrapp was high
splummer

Post by splummer »

joann i hope you do get it, i would hate to see it not go to a good home, it would be a great project, it something i would like to work on . like i said i would get it but the shipping would kill me. steve
dburt

Post by dburt »

No, it's not mine- but I wish it was!! I let the best one get away about 10 years ago. My friends who run a bus company out of the little NE Oregon town of Lostine had an old 1950? Clipper With the raised roof that has the high window in the roof. Vista Cruiser? This old gal was perfect, she was DOT inspected and ready to run regular service if needed. Back in the '80's when I taught at the local high school I even rode in that bus on some school field trips. I listed the bus on EbayMotors for them, and it sold for $20,000. I did not have that kind of money laying around so I had to pass on it, but it sure was a great old gal. No rust, no dents, had the cummins diesel (replacement engine) with a 4-spd trans. Lots of extra parts went with it. Some guy back east bought it for his bus collection.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yah gotta love those flexies
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.