Foot Switch ??

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Jerry Campbell

Foot Switch ??

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Hey girls and boys,
I'm going to put a switch on the kick plate under the sink to interrupt the power going to the pump. So I can turn off the water when needed, like washing you hands without touching the faucet. This means the switch would be normally on and when you push on it it would go off. The pump draws 10 amps. Does anyone know of a switch that would do the job?
I've got a couple of 5 amp micro switches that I could hook up in parallel but I'd rather not.
Thanks
Jerry
http://crowncoach.clanteam.com
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

One quick thought comes to mind, a headlight dimmer switch. They are meant to mount on the floor, and head lights draw about 10 amps. You'd send power into the middle and hook up one side like the low beam. Then when you mashed the switch to high beam, the pump would quit.
DF
busdriver74

Post by busdriver74 »

What a great idea! Dimmer switch would work fine, you would just have to make sure it gets left in the on position when finished so the other faucets will work.

I think I saw a N/O momentary push button switch in my parts express catalog. I'm sure if you looked hard enough one could be found. You could also use a N/C switch with a relay if you wanted to get fancy.....

Great idea to save water in any case.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

If you don't want to interfere with the pump use in other parts of the coach, then you could just leave it on and use a foot faucet. It would require a little plumbing though.

http://www.footfaucet.net/

Chuck
Jerry Campbell

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Thanks,
A footfaucet is just a little more than I had in mind. I may not even get the switch in before it's time to leave.
I am looking for something not very big and easy to push that I can mount in the kick plate and not on the floor.
I think I found a flat switch from Graingers. I'll check and see if I can get one that is normally on.
Thanks again
Jerry
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Perhaps a switch like this...? Should fit on the kickboard & might be easier to operate with your toes...
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation