Bus values are up?

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Bus values are up?

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Sentimental value always seems to be the highest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GILLIG-C ... Q5fCampers

This guy is admittedly selling the contents out of the listing, at the end end of the auction, who knows what you will end up with. Buyer beware!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-GIL ... ccessories
dburt

Post by dburt »

It seems when the economy is especially bad, folks think that thier vehicles should bring way more then thier actual value. If they would just take the time to think it over, they should realize that the bad economy hurts others as well, and they will not have the money to pay twice what the vehicle is worth. Oh well, after it sits there for a while, a dose of reality starts to set in, and they get more realistic about thier pricing. The bad thing is that they have lost all thier potential customers the first go round, and it may sit there for quite a while before they get a serious contender to look again.
Granny

Post by Granny »

My goodness, the asking price of both of them!!!!! That second one you listed made me laugh. He says everything is there to "convert", then says he's selling everything seperately if he gets a chance before the bus is bought. At least, that was my interpretation of it. So, bottom line is, you're getting an old bus that has been sitting for many years for that huge price. Thanks, don't think I'll run out and buy either of them, Jones'.
dburt, you got it.
Granny

Post by Granny »

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1613476382.html
Here's a bus on Craigslist. I really have my heart set on a school bus, though.
Dburt, are you sure you have your heart set on that one we both bid on? I could buy it from you if you get it! Everyone thinks their buses are worth gold these days. And, knowing a few school districts trade their old buses in for $100 credit on new buses, doesn't make much sense. Timing is everything. Most districts already got rid of their old buses for this school year, and won't have more till summer or early fall.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny, I still think you should submit a bid, even if it is not the minimum they want on the Thomas flat nose. You can put your porch on the back, and with the Cummins 5.9L diesel you have a good engine to go with too. I don't think they will get thier minumum bid- in fact last time they did not get any bids at all!
splummer

Post by splummer »

i dont like to buy from e bay if i cant view it first,if you think the price is to high , bid anyways, it doesnt mean they will get what they are asking.i have noticed lots of vehicles go on high priced and if they dont sell, they return with a lower price.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny- if you want the "92 Ford Thomas bus, just send a new bid for $810 so that you outbid me! I don't think anyone else will bid on it, since they did not get any bids on it last time! Of if you want to bid on the '91 Ford Thomas with the juice brakes, bid $490 and I bet you will get it, for the same reason that they got no bids the last go-round. If you buy it cheap enough, then you can afford to get new brake hoses if the old ones have deteriorated if you have to stick to a really tight budget.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark B,

Check it out. It looks like it has a 10 speed Road Ranger.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ct ... 36633.html

dburt

Post by dburt »

Nice Crown bus!! :)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Way up! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENE-AUT ... 1e5bf64fde

This is from the Ebay listing:

GENE AUTRY TOURING COACH <CLASSIC> 1952 CROWN TOURING COACH

Gene Autry purchased the Coach new in 1952. Mr. Autry and his group used the Coach for Touring/Traveling for 5 years. During a period of 15 years Mr. Autry used the Coach for Studio Tours, Melody Ranch Trips , one of Mr. Autry's Movies and many other Events. Over the last 18 years my family and I have had great joy in Traveling/RVing, Vehicle Shows, Camping Clubs, Bus Clubs and many events showing the Gene Autry Coach.

It is now time to move the Gene Autry Coach into someone else's possession and know that they will have the same great enjoyment that my family and I have had over these past many years.

1952 CROWN TOURING COACH Information: Crown Coach Company has built Coaches/Buses, Fire Trucks, etc. over the past 50+ years. The Touring Coach is all hand riveted. It's construction makes it one of the strongest Coaches built. It has a 779 cu.in. six cylinder HALL SCOTT gas engine, 5 speed Road Ranger Transmission and air brakes. The running gear I have described is the same as was installed in the Coach when it was built. It can be upgraded to a deisel engine and a 10 speed transmission etc.

This is an opportunity for someone to own a Classic Coach. A part of Cowboy Movies and Country Music History, a part of the life of "The SINGING COWBOY" GENE AUTRY.

For more information email me at rrhanson@netzero.net Thank You

splummer

Post by splummer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began