A parts bus for Doug

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

A parts bus for Doug

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

This is on Craigslist.

parting out 1946 chevy bus (Jump River)

Date: 2010-04-06, 2:45PM CDT
Reply to: sale-ejj5y-1679377343@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am scraping out a 1946 chevy bus. there are some good trim parts, lights, a grille. it has a 6 cylinder engine it possibly a flathead?
Cory 715-314-0500 or Jim at 715-668-5480

GoodClue

parts ...

Post by GoodClue »

Good find Chuck ... wish I was close ... I can always use spare parts ... those are getting harder to find ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Hey GoodClue!
I run into these things all the time...I actually have some parts. You should post a list of things for me to keep my eye open for.
I don't collect them myself, as I just don't care for those little cabs. My father in law has a spare engine and clutch he is scrapping out. I could see if I can keep it for you?
Yours,
DF
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Looking at that engine, I bet thats the 216. I can't believe this. I actually gave away a brand new 235 in a crate. It was a NOS replacement engine that came with my bus. The guy thought engine in it was bad. It just had thrown a rocker off a push rod, but rattled like crazy. I repositioned that rocker and stuffed cardboard in that rocker cover to dampen that bell clanging tone the thing had. Ran fine after that....in fact its sitting at Swain's right now...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =104114329

44.918762,-85.168998
You actually can see my old bus from the air....it was a 50 to 54 chevy, I cannot remember.
Df
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

One of my parts buggies. It might have widgets for the 'Clue Bus.
DF
GoodClue

Parts ...

Post by GoodClue »

Thanks DuelFuel ...
I do have a rebuilt 235 ... sweet engine ... looking for a single barrel carb for it ... the old one was roached by a local farmer ... carved the needle seat with his pocket knife ... I found another with auto choke that I've got to adust ... needle ... get rid of the auto choke ... but would like one if I can't get this one modified ...
I appreciate your looking for parts ... and I will come up with a list some time ...
Thanks, GoodClue ...
"ya gotta have art ..."
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Dear Good Clue,
I have a shelf full of those single barrel carbs. Also another shelf full of monojets, 2GCs, Quadrajets, and one Holley 1908.
I take it you just want a manual choke setup on it? I think I got that, tomorrow I'll photograph the shelf and you can pick one out.
OBTW, its DualFuel as in two fuels, specifically producer gas and Methyl Ester. At the risk of sounding petty, I bring that up because I don't ever want to be confused with someone who'd fight over fuel. We are blessed here with more then enough fuel and its senseless to me to ever "Duel" over it.
Hey, also if you think of it send me the part number for your points cap and rotor sets, as I have boxes of that stuff too. During the summer I sit at the scales and buy those old parts as they come in the junkyard. A guy could do well by having a ready set to hand after a long sit. Its about all that ever goes wrong with those things. I can toss them into the priority mail box with the carb. Neihoff, I think the brand is...
Dualfuel
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Hey GC,
Just sniffing around...
I will just look for this type of point set and then reverse lookup the number on them.
DF
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Dear Good Clue,
My junk man just called me to tell me he has an intact 1946 Chevy Car. Apparently it has the original radio in it.
I am going to take a look later tomorrow probably. I have to take him an old camper I am disposing of.
No pressure or anything, I just want you to take a look at what you might need or want. These scrap guys move pretty fast. They are all about the tonnage so that '46 won't be there for long.
I'll try for the radio...I know that would prolly be a wonderful art piece. I'll take pictures.
Don't worry about costs yet, this guy is negotiable, especially since I have more scrap for him then anybody else on the island. My main concern is that you speak up about what you want so I can claim it before the Hood does.
http://www.hoodlogging.com/app/resource ... oader1.jpg
DF
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Alrighty here is the best manual choke carb I have....
GoodClue

Carb

Post by GoodClue »

Hello DUALFEUL ... I apologize ... you can teach an old Doug to correct his mistakes ...

I would like the manual carb. Please let me know how much, plus shipping, you'd like for it.

My email: portflo3@aol.com

Thanks for looking ... you may be starting a new business, at least you've sold one carb so far :wink: ...

As for other parts and pieces, I know who to call if I twist an axle ... :)

GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."