Someone's Dream Ride

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

I second your mantra Dan- when one pound of steel will do the job, why not use 3 just to be sure?

Of course you and I will never find work at NASA- our space ships and rockets would never get off the ground, but boy, would they be stout! :D
Headache

Post by Headache »

Rudy I apologize for being quite tardy in acknowledging your apology. Sharkey pointed it out to me while I was on hiatus from the interwebs and I've just read both today. I've changed my account email so I won't miss something important again.

You and I are under a ton of stress currently and I tried to keep that in mind before I made that post. In addition, I'm currently in a heightened state of alert after having read the posts regarding the murder of Sharkey's policeman friend. It can be really tough to remain diplomatic let alone objective when I am also afflicted with impaired mental function.

My hiatus from the web was coincidence, I had no plans to leave at the time although I did admit frustration to another member regarding the bus I wanted information on(they FINALLY called) as well as trying to make sure I was seeing the forest for the trees here.

I've had little luck in finding a place to park said bus(As well as finding someone in Montana to help me look it over) to work on it and surprise my Dad for his birthday. This over anything causes me the most stress and could definitely impair my judgement.

I'm also stressed because I'll be losing important benefits where I am now(Medicaid and a housing subsidy) to move closer to my Dad. Those won't be available to me in Washington and my Dad is very concerned since I'll be putting any mental health treatment on hiatus to care for him. At the very least I know what I'm dealing with now although I lack tools and additional education, luckily at worst I'm a grouchy ass bitch when triggered. I keep to myself most often now because I know that I don't fully know how to deal with it all yet.

I also know my Dad won't be around forever and I refuse to let him die alone. Getting to spend time with him is a huge motivator.

Thank you again Rudy, it means a lot to me. :)
dburt

Post by dburt »

Hang in there Headache- remember there are folks out here who do care about you!! :!:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Alex, glad to see you back.

I, too, am hypersensitive. I suppose that can be construed as a mental disorder.

Good luck on your search for a bus.

I often peruse eBay for buses. There are some good deals on them. Some of them have already been converted.

I might be prone to driving a car to Washington and buying a bus when I had arrived.

You will find the answer before you leave.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

I was referred to a bus that I think I'd be very happy with pending a pre-purchase inspection and test trial. It definitely fits most if not all of my needs currently as well as price range.

The "plan" if things work out is to go look at it while I'm on the way to WA state and if I like it, I'll be following it to the delivery point *if* I have found one by the time I purchase it.

Doing it this way will save me travel money since I won't have to return to Massachusetts as well as get it to the conversion destination.

Just need to find a mechanic in Montana to help me look it over.