Someone's Dream Ride

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Headache

Someone's Dream Ride

Post by Headache »

For those of us terrified of LPG, here's the solution albeit a costly one for those of us on a fixed income:

http://www.usedrvsupplies.com/images/gm ... m_4106.jpg

http://www.usedrvsupplies.com/gm_vintag ... _coach.php

Seller Description
1964 GM Vintage GM 4106 Coach, 1964 Vintage GM 4106 Coach, Professionally converted by "Coach By Design," Custom Dashboard, 4spd Allison Auto Trans,12KW Diesel Generator, All Electric No Propane, Mobile Satellite System, Tinted Windows w/Screens, Air Ride Suspension, Air Leveling System, Trailer Hitch, Coach Stereo System, Thermostat Electric Controlled Baseboard Heat, New Side-by-Side Refrigerator, Four 7'Window Awnings and One 20'Awning, TV, VCR, Hadly Air Horns, Diesel Fired Furnace(forced air), Microwave Convection/Combination Oven, Washer/Dryer,Central Vac, Lots of Storage In and Under Coach, To Many Items To list, A Must See! $35000.00, 2604682332

The pic is overly grainy bit from what I could see of the paint scheme I do like what they did with those blue hues.
Headache

Hmm.....

Post by Headache »

Hmmm...I wonder how much I could get for the jacuzzi and the "losts" parts.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/2220443650.html
GM Bus Conversion started pic's available on request. Listed for 4,500 OBO Runs great new tires needs paint and finish. Has full sized jacuzzi tub and losts of parts.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Seller Description
1964 GM Vintage GM 4106 Coach, 1964 Vintage GM 4106 Coach, Professionally converted by "Coach By Design," Custom Dashboard, 4spd Allison Auto Trans,12KW Diesel Generator, All Electric No Propane, Mobile Satellite System, Tinted Windows w/Screens, Air Ride Suspension, Air Leveling System, Trailer Hitch, Coach Stereo System, Thermostat Electric Controlled Baseboard Heat, New Side-by-Side Refrigerator, Four 7'Window Awnings and One 20'Awning, TV, VCR, Hadly Air Horns, Diesel Fired Furnace(forced air), Microwave Convection/Combination Oven, Washer/Dryer,Central Vac, Lots of Storage In and Under Coach, To Many Items To list, A Must See! $35000.00, 2604682332

A diesel fired furnace scares me.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Rudy wrote:A diesel fired furnace scares me.
I'd be curious to know why but there's a part of me that considers that you may be picking on my fears again since you did not offer any explanation. I'm swaying between this being a real fear or the possibility of you provoking a reaction. If the later is the case here you go.

I'll be as kind as possible. Not once have I in any way teased you, bullied you or posted negatively about anything you may have divulged that scares you, mistakes you have made, nothing. In fact I've been very supportive to the point of offering words of encouragement.

You on the other hand, have been rather snarky regarding my fear of LPG. I hope you never, ever witness the results of one of your friends having been cooked alive in any manner(hers was propane that had lost it's tell tale smell, it was never found along the supply chain who was responsible).

You have been especially critical of my not posting a picture and I did read the post where you blatantly come out with both barrels loaded regarding picture posting,stalkers and being afraid. I can't find the post now so I'm assuming it was deleted. It was cruel at best and I almost quit coming here. I'm trying not to let one spoiled apple ruin the whole bunch.

I don't know what I did to provoke you into becoming critical regarding my fears but you have been unfair and cruel and I respectfully ask that you refrain from responding to or about them, even in a veiled manner(it will lead to misunderstanding) moving forward. Thank you.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Alex, I apologize for coming off like that. I did have a trailer that had an oil fired heater. It started the side of the trailer on fire. That's why I don't like them.

I have never had a friend get blown up with propane. I like propane devices.

I really don't want to sway you away from being here.

It is your prerogative to not post a pic of yourself. We just like to see what our bus family look like.

It is true that you have offered words of encouragement to me. I do appreciate that.

I admire that you have driven big vehicles.

Please, once again, let me say I am sorry for the things I have said.

Rudy
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I was hoping you were going to step up to the plate here Rudy :roll: Everone has there own reasons for letting "or not" people know about themselves and or what they look like and if that "never" happens thats fine :wink: So ease up a little or we'll give ya a cybor ass whoopin :sly:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm scared of anything that can ignite. I'm even afraid of the wood stove I haven't even installed into my bus yet and wonder if I'll ever be able to sleep soundly at night knowing it's burning :?

And bears :shock:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I treid burning bears, they are difficult to get ignited and they don't put out much heat once they are started.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Or goats :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Anything that requires an open flame is always cause for concern- gas or diesel fired heaters, propane, wood, natural gas etc. :roll:

This is what makes Arizona so attactive in the winter- rarely do you need an open flame, other then in the outdoor BBQ. :lol:

Or one can fire up a generator and use an electric heat source- spendy but perhaps more safe then anything with an open flame.

Headache, I don't think Rudy meant in any way to be offensive so perhaps you have just read him wrong? :wink:

Maby some of us need a group hug?? :)
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

You guys are funny :D

What about Smokey Bear....and DON'T even google goat sacrifice Image

Headache...please stay...I've enjoyed your posts very much.

dburt...I guess you weren't here for the last one so here's another Image
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
dburt

Post by dburt »

Thanks Eblu, I feel hugged! :lol:
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

When I was a kid and started riding motorcycles, I had a friend a couple years older who told me that if you ever become NOT afraid, you better stop riding. A healthy dose of nerves has helped a lot to keep me out of too much major trouble.

I have extended that philosophy to other areas, one of which is fuels. Whether wood, propane, diesel, gasoline, dry grass (Oklahoma is on fire the last couple of weeks) or wheat flour in a large building with a spark, I think a healthy case of nerves is a good thing. If you get complacent, you get sloppy - the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing. And that is dangerous. All these can be deadly. (Well, except for maybe gasoline - the smell of benzene is soothing and brings a certain euphoria....) Ok, just kidding about the smell of benzene..

Headache,
I second the motion... please stay! Sometimes friends can be snarky. (I know I certainly can be harsh at times in that regard - am working on it.) I think you will find this place a pleasant diversion in the long run. It is a quiet little corner of the internet that really does welcome you. (The more the merrier...)
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Stealth...I like that word...."snarky". I've never heard it before....I'm adding it to my vocabulary and can't wait to use it. I think I'll try it out on my son tomorrow morning.

Example: "Put that beer down and pick up your dirty socks you snarky little...." :shock: oh my...I think that word is too powerful for me :D

I used to love the smell of gas...but then it changed and didn't smell the same :roll:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Can't remember where I first heard it. Probably a long time ago.

Intense exposure to laquer thinner fumes as a child (working in a sign shop cleaning signs and painting them) probably fostered my fine appreciation for toxic hydrocarbon compounds! I can remember going directly from school to the shop and catching a buzz, then leaving on a quest for food.

Now that I think about it, I believe it had a similar effect to another compound I have seen in use. The "Munchies" is the effect....

That and the exposure to asbestos dust while working on brakes in early years may be what have given me the chronic cough and limited lung capacity....

My mantras;

- Too much is never enough!

- Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

Dan