Looks like a nice 4905 for sale in Wa.

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Looks like a nice 4905 for sale in Wa.

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Headache

Post by Headache »

If I could get out there I'd be all over that bus right now. I may have my car sold within the week which will give me some time to shop but it's something similar to fishing. You hate it when the good ones get away.

Just depends on what "runs good" means to the owner.

That would certainly save me shipping/transportation money since it's right near where I need to be.

Anyone know about this bus or could take a peak at it?
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

4 speed?

That seems a little on the short side.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

rlaggren wrote:4 speed?

Yeah, thats why it's best to "short shift" them.
the88

Post by the88 »

rlaggren wrote:4 speed?

If you tell me specifically what to ask and what to look for, I'll give him a call and see about looking at it for you...
Let me know, ok?
the88

Post by the88 »

Headache wrote:If I could get out there I'd be all over that bus right now. I may have my car sold within the week which will give me some time to shop but it's something similar to fishing. You hate it when the good ones get away.

Just depends on what "runs good" means to the owner.

That would certainly save me shipping/transportation money since it's right near where I need to be.

Anyone know about this bus or could take a peak at it?

OK, so I quoted from the wrong post- big deal.

And yet, the offer stands.
I'm on Vashon Island, and that looks like a Tacoma number.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

The 4106 that I live in is an old school 4 speed and my 4905 is a 3 speed automatic. The 4106 is happiest at 60, 65 but the 4905 has an endless to end :D I drove it down from VT. at 85 and it still had lots of space under the peddle :D if I was crazy enough to push it down :roll: Both are DD 8-71's
Peace along the way
Headache

Post by Headache »

Thanks for the very kind offer The88 but after some email banter with Mark O. I'm going to pass on it due to the engine, body frame construction and potential for rear bulkhead issues.

I know that others may have never had any issues or were able to tackle any that came their way. However, it's my being able to realistically afford dealing with any of them that I'm wary of.

I don't know if you can help me with this part or not but I need to find a place to park the future bus and work on it for a few months. The guy doing the electrical work lives south of Seattle. We'll need to hook up to power for the tools. I'd LOVE internet access but if I have to hit up the local library I'll do that. I can provide a solid 4 year rental history/reference.

Come September I plan on having most everything done needed to make the bus livable and presentable and move it to a park with full hook ups and cable and nearer to my dad unless wherever I'm parked at is cool for me to stay and has high speed internet I can use for education and gaming.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Have a look at MCI's There's alot of stainless on those and you can raise the roof and do slides if you want but most of the older one's ( affordable one's ) have the same engines as mine. These old DD's aren't so bad just keepem cool and check the oil 8) they got plenty of push :wink: Everyone has there favorites :roll:
Peace along the way
the88

Post by the88 »

Headache wrote:Thanks for the very kind offer The88 but after some email banter with Mark O. I'm going to pass on it due to the engine, body frame construction and potential for rear bulkhead issues.

I know that others may have never had any issues or were able to tackle any that came their way. However, it's my being able to realistically afford dealing with any of them that I'm wary of.

I don't know if you can help me with this part or not but I need to find a place to park the future bus and work on it for a few months. The guy doing the electrical work lives south of Seattle. We'll need to hook up to power for the tools. I'd LOVE internet access but if I have to hit up the local library I'll do that. I can provide a solid 4 year rental history/reference.

Come September I plan on having most everything done needed to make the bus livable and presentable and move it to a park with full hook ups and cable and nearer to my dad unless wherever I'm parked at is cool for me to stay and has high speed internet I can use for education and gaming.

That's the tougher job- but I'll keep my ear to the ground...
Headache

Post by Headache »

the88 wrote:That's the tougher job- but I'll keep my ear to the ground...
Thanks much. And that's for anyone that knows or is familiar with parking in the Snohomish, King and Pierce county areas of WA. I haven't been back for so long I don't know what still exists anymore.