1970 Crown

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

1970 Crown

Post by Rudy »

I found this on Craigslist. The bus is in Missouri.

Diesel RV For Sale - $14000 (Cassville, MO)

http://springfield.craigslist.org/rvs/2339975522.html

1970 Crown Coach for sale. This bus was professionally converted about 20 years ago. It is still in excellent condition, driven only 58,000 miles since conversion. Conversion included complete engine and transmission rebuild. It has a 6v71 Detroit diesel engine with an Eaton Fuller 13 speed transmission. Titled as an RV so no CDL drivers license is required. It has a full kitchen with stove, Microwave, refrigerator/freezer, bathroom with shower, heat, AC, sleeps 4 to 6 people. Gets 9 mpg and has a lot of power for towing trailers, or towing a vehicle along behind. The tires are in excellent condition and all new batteries were installed the year before last. This bus has a full frame and is built like a tank. Very dependable and will last forever... It is a mid engine bus which means that the engine is in the center of the bus and drive train components are standard truck parts. No expensive bus replacement parts with this design. Guaranteed to get attention at every campground you enter!! I recently experienced a divorce and I now have to part with it. email me if you would like more info or additional photos. Thanks for looking.

Got love? Give love.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

That is about as nice as it gets and the price seems very reasonable.

Reasonable that is if you happen to have that much cash sitting around.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Yeah, you can't build it that cheap. I bet it doesn't sell for that much though.
I sent that link to Alex the other day. It's turn key. It could be lived in while the decor was updated a little bit.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That sure is a nice bus. Someone should snap this up quickly.

If I had the dough, I would already own it.

Even if I had to re-do the interior to suit my needs, I would always rejoice in having a Crown with a good engine and standard transmission.

I've never been a fan of automatic transmission. I am stuck with a 4 speed Allison.

I do realize that the Allisons are strong devices, but I prefer to have a symbiotic relationship to the gears in my machine.

I do love this Crown.

I must say, however, my bus is pretty cool. NOBODY has the chrome exhaust stacks that are on my bus.

Anytime when I view those beauties, I smile.

Alex should snap this Crown bus up. It is the deal of the year.
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

From the pics it is definitely a nice bus, has a lot more counter space as well, If anyone goes after it learn everything about it from the previous owner if possible, a set of manuals are a must have, I also would prefer a standard, stuck with a auto as well, I also like the idea of a frame verses the GM unibody setups. If I had the cash available I would be on it quick, it will not last long at that price. I did not see any mention of a generater, if it has a diesel generater it would be a steal. anything you buy will not be perfect, interior cosmetics are the easiest to remodel to fit individual taste. I have never been around any Crown buses, but from what I have seen they look to be well constructed.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

She's a beaut' all right, but she's out of my league... :(
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Very nice!!!
Headache

Post by Headache »

Rudy wrote:Alex should snap this Crown bus up. It is the deal of the year.
It is very nice buuuutttt...

Mark is da winner!
Mark O. wrote:Reasonable that is if you happen to have that much cash sitting around.
Unfortunately I don't have that much. It's going to be tough just to make sure I have the $3000 I need let alone the $4000 I wanted. I sure do hope those fuel prices go down and my computer doesn't suck my extra savings down too badly.
Jones'n4chrome wrote:I sent that link to Alex the other day.

Indeed you did and thank you. I'm sorry my video card crapped out before I could respond.

That bus is very nice. However, I'll be into it for as much or more for the remodel as I would for the bus I'm most likely going to be purchasing soon. Just awaiting on the last of the details on it before I shell out the money for the trip to pay it a visit.

And of course I'd be suffering the bane of every potential Crown owner; not having a set of Gulmite drivers. Unless I can get one like Chuck's for $2000(which at that point I'd work the street corner to get a set of drivers made) I'm not even looking at Crowns at this point.

While you might not think it important given the work done on that Crown, for me there is one issue where it is; not enough sunlight. I would need bigger windows or light therapy and bigger batteries to power the interior lights I'd have running all the time. It's going to be hard enough living in WA again with depression and seasonal disorder. I'll need all the natural sunlight I can get.

I should have the trip scheduled by the end of the month if not sooner. The people I'm dealing with have been very forthcoming with the pictures I requested and so far it all looks better than I thought it would be.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Unless you are doing allot of changes to the body of the bus, you wouldn't need the fastener tool, the beauty of stepping into a already converted bus is, you can add too it to make it yours, or adjust to what is there already. Sometimes it is easier to adjust than to re-invent the wheel, there will always be something that will not be perfect, just adapt and enjoy.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

graydawg wrote:just adapt and enjoy.
Since I am disabled I'll have to adapt it anyway. Unfortunately that means just about everything in those pics I would have to modify in some way. Counters would have to be lowered, appliances replaced with ADA appliances, bigger and/or more windows installed requiring Gulmite drivers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice looking bus. However, it would not be very enjoyable or cost effective if I couldn't use most of what was in there making it an irresponsible purchase on my part.

As I said before, I doubt he'd sell it to me for $3000 and with all the adaptations I'd have to make I may as well start from scratch.