GE Elec-trak Accessories

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

GE Elec-trak Accessories

Post by Sharkey »

Cleaning out the shop, time to move along some stuff that I'm not using:

GE Elec-trak 36 volt 1/4" electric drill motor with power unit (plugs into tractor's accessories socket)

GE Elec-trak 36 volt hedge trimmer with power unit (motor same as drill above)

GE Elec-trak grass clipper attachment (shears only, requires fitting to power unit as in above attachments) Still in original GE packaging

36 volt DC-to-110 volt AC rotarty inverter, 100VA, not Elec-trak branded.

36 volt 1/4 horsepower frame motor, not Elec-trak branded.

If interested in any or all of these items, please email: sharkey@mrsharkey.com
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Got a couple of email from people interested in the rotary inverter, so here's a couple of images and some more information:

First of all, you can see from the photos that this is a genuine antique "Kato Konverter". This unit was probably manufactured in the 1920's or 1930's, and was originally sold along with other electrical and electronic equipment meant to be used with wind powered generators back before the REA brought utility power to the rural parts of the US. It was intended to be run on the 32 volt DC power supplied by the battery system on a Jacobs wind generator, but it seems to work flawlessly on the 36 volt battery pack on my GE Elec-trak.

[removed]

The exterior of the inverter is not pretty to look at, but the internals seem to be in good condition. The DC commutator is very clean and shows no wear whatsoever. The AC slip rings are similarly in as-new condition, although they could probably use a light polishing with a mild abrasive to bring back the original shine. I assume that the condition of these parts of the inverter indicate that the brushes on each end of the unit are not badly worn, if they are worn at all.

The bearings also seem to be in good repair. The AC end of this unit has a small shaft sticking out of the end, perhaps as a mechanical 'power take off". A very small amount of radial play in the bearings at this end of the inverter can be felt, no axial play is apparent. The armature of the motor/generator can easily be turned by rotating this shaft with your fingers.

The two terminals on the top are the AC output, and the box they emanate from is an AC filter network to condition the power coming out of the converter.

[removed]

I Googled "Kato Konverter" but no results were returned.

Net shipping weight, 36 lbs, as measured on my bathroom scale.

If these photos and description are so inviting the you are interested, let me know via email and I'll put some input power and a load on it and post a little test drive information.