Housebus for sale on eBay

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

Navservice

Housebus for sale on eBay

Post by Navservice »

I'm sure everyone has seen it but, just in case...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unique-T ... dZViewItem

Asking $20,000
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

I think 20,000 is hoping for a bit much personally. Good luck eh.

-Richard
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

captainkf wrote:I think 20,000 is hoping for a bit much personally. Good luck eh.
Just to show that it never hurts to hope for the best, this housebus sold for the reserve price of $20k!
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

Wow, I am totally in shock! It's nice on the inside, but the outside does not look like anything special at all. It still has the split doors with yellow bus paint. Oh well, good luck for the new owner and congrats to the builder.

-Richard
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Yeah, I was talking with Roger when he mentioned that it sold. Fact is that housetrucks and buses have been undervalued for a long time. For the most part, people who want them don't have money, and people with money don't want them. As a result the price has been artifically low pactically from the beginning. New Zealand houetrucks and buses have had vigorous prices, with even an old Bedford or Austin with a smallish plywood home on the back selling for $25-50,000(NZ). Very well done buses, trucks or fifth-wheel trailers are frequently seen in the $100-135,000 price range.

Roger pointed out that if you were going to try and build a similar conversion, you'd put $20k into it without too much trouble. I've easily got that into the Crown and it's still just an insulated shell. Not to mention 12 years of my spare time.