heart interface inverter/charger

This isn't ebay, but if you want to list something, it's free.
Please see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to read the simple rules.

Moderator: TMAX

svdesire

heart interface inverter/charger

Post by svdesire »

Hello All
I have been trying to contact Mr. Sharkey with no success. E mail seems to be down for several years. I am looking for an old Heart Interface 1200 SU inverter/charger. 45 amp charger/ 1200 watt inverter I believe. Heart is not able to help with parts. THis unit is black and has four 110 volt plugs on the face. My on/off switch has left the building and I would like to find the circuit board it is soldered to. The unit is aboard my sailboat in New Zealand and I am currently in the states. Shipping is prohibitive and I would like to bring it back with me. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jim Welch
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Jim;

Here's a schematic diagram of the remote control for the Heart Interface inverter. You can build as much or as little as you require to make your inverter operational. Simply connecting a SPST toggle switch between pins 3 and 4 will turn the inverter on if you don't need indicators for the other functions.

Also consider replacing the original on-off switch on the inverter with a DPDT toggle switch. Drill a hole in the cabinet face (careful of damaging anything inside, and watch those metal shavings), and simply connect short pigtails to solder onto the PC board of the inverter. The original switch was a kind of a right angle PC board mount thing that is probably not easy to find.
Sunny

Re: heart interface inverter/charger

Post by Sunny »

Hi Sharkey,

I'm particularly interested in getting hold of a copy of the schematic diagram mentioned in this text - there doesn't seem to be a link

Many thanks

Sunny
Stealth Camper

Re: heart interface inverter/charger

Post by Stealth Camper »

Sunny,
Have you also looked at his web site. I think it may be easier to contact him there - he appears here less than previously.

www.mrsharkey.com

Stealth