So this is what happend to Sharkey's forum

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Graynomad

So this is what happend to Sharkey's forum

Post by Graynomad »

After searching several times with no luck for Sharkey's site over the last year or two I gave up, now I just found this by accident.

Great stuff, and my login even worked :) Thanks for doing this.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Re: So this is what happend to Sharkey's forum

Post by stuartcnz »

Welcome back.

Yes, Sharkey has taken a leave of absence from the internet.

Although on the rare occasion, you will see a reply from him, on The Flying Tortoise blog.

Your timing couldn't have been any more ironic either, as you have been mentioned here within the last 24 hours, in the housetruck & bus forums.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Nice to see you here Rob, I've just re read your landcruiser trip. Bloody great journey in an old truck . Fantastic photos of the country side , thanks for sharing :)

The new truck camper proposal is close to my heart , after all the time I have recently spent in the old Chev. I look forward to the build log :thumbup:
58 Bedford House
Graynomad

Post by Graynomad »

you have been mentioned here within the last 24 hours, in the housetruck & bus forums.
Thanks, found it, I will add a post to that thread.
Bloody great journey in an old truck
Yeah that was a great trip, I loved turning up in the middle of nowhere in my $5000 4x4 and everyone else had $95,000 vehicles :)

It's thinking about that trip that was the the catalyst for deciding to build another Landcruiser camper. A vehicle like that can go so many places Wothahellizat can't.
I look forward to the build log
Probably be a year or more, we're a bit short of cash right now and I have a container house to build first.
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Rob ... yeah, we all miss Sharkey, but good that Stuart took up the torch ...
I agree with smaller vehicles ... had a PopUp Camper on an old Toyota, took me many places where larger vehicles couldn't go ... camp out of a low topper on my 2011 Toy Tacoma ... thinking about an off road trailer for the old pop-up ... frees the truck up. been looking forward to a new jewel of a TAB by Little Boy ... due out after Christmas ... maybe my age but looking forward to a rig that doesn't require set up ...
Love to hear of the Oz adventures ... maybe someday ...
Glad you found the site ... keep posting. GoodClue.
"ya gotta have art ..."
Graynomad

Post by Graynomad »

TAB by Little Boy
Is that the tear drop?

I'm not a huge fan of camper trailers but love tear drops for some reason, must be the retro look.
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

... Yes ... http://www.golittleguy.com/ is the traditional tear drop ... reputable dealer ... the T@b is their larger cousin. They are introducing a European version of the T@B to the US ... can't get the link to work ... after Christmas. I'd like to check it out.

Their are many off'-road tear drop builders, Littleguy has a good rep in the States. Model links at top of page.

Yeah, like retro ... my 46 Chevy bus and more attest to that ...
"ya gotta have art ..."
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

... working link to the European T@B unit I like ...

http://tab-rv.com/community/#/discussio ... production

... a couple of vids showing this version, starting from the top of the forum page ...
"ya gotta have art ..."
Graynomad

Post by Graynomad »

Sweet units, they have gone away from the traditional design with the kitchen at the back and outside. They must be a bit larger than traditional to allow you to live inside rather than sleep inside.