What fantastic memories are invoked

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Rolling-my-own

What fantastic memories are invoked

Post by Rolling-my-own »

:D Igot my 1955 school bus in 75 and spent many happy hrs cruising the streets of NY City where I lived at the time searching for building materials or anything I could use to make my camper bus a reality.

Many times my wife and I would find things we could sell at the flea market to get money for the bus.

Eventually we bought a generator so I could use power tools in the back of some parking lot at a mall. ( Its hard to get a school bus into a third floor walk-up in Manhatten,and extension cords are a no-no across the sidewalk, even if you could get a parking spot near enough )

One thing we bought for the bus was an Army surplus sheet metal wood burning stove for about $50. It came with an attachable burner for heating with gasoline. I was never brave enough or crazy enough to try it with gas. However, a little kindling would heat the bus up in a few minutes.

We had great times in our bus, and eventually rented a yearly campsite in the Adirondak mts where we used it for a decade or so as a summer cabin.

I will post pictures when I get around to finding them.

Great site Sharky ! keep on truckin :lol:
SCAVENGER