trailers

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

wisconsin

trailers

Post by wisconsin »

I want a mobile home that is truly mobile, and I am thinking a travel trailer sounds good. Doesn't seem to be a forum for this, but wondering if I could get one that was well enough insulated to take Wisconsin winters without using too much energy to heat. What do you folks think?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: trailers

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Why not buy a good size flatbed trailer and build your own house on it . It' not all that dard yah know.

wisconsin wrote:I want a mobile home that is truly mobile, and I am thinking a travel trailer sounds good. Doesn't seem to be a forum for this, but wondering if I could get one that was well enough insulated to take Wisconsin winters without using too much energy to heat. What do you folks think?
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: trailers

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Why not buy a good size flatbed trailer and build your own house on it . It' not all that dard yah know.

wisconsin wrote:I want a mobile home that is truly mobile, and I am thinking a travel trailer sounds good. Doesn't seem to be a forum for this, but wondering if I could get one that was well enough insulated to take Wisconsin winters without using too much energy to heat. What do you folks think?
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

Instead of a flatbed, why not a refrigerated trailer? It is already very well insulated.

As far as commercially built travel trailers go, my in-laws lived in a 27' trailer in MI for seven years. As long as you put a good skirt around the bottom it seemed to work okay.

The real downside is none of the commercially built RV's are built with real full timing in mind. By the time my in-laws sold the trailer it was pretty well used up.

Mark O.