Hello from the new kid

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Standaddy

Hello from the new kid

Post by Standaddy »

After reading here sporadically over the last few years, I finally decided it was time to sign up and post. The purchase of a 1955 IH Metro-Mite (see post in the Bus Barn) was the final trigger.
I've never lived in a mobile mode except for the 5 years I spent as a trucker. I hauled cars, hit 43 states total, with most of my miles in the eastern half of the country.
Lived in north Alabama for all my 57 years, still married to my first wife, 37 years so far. Two kids, 5 grand-daughters. Hence the name "Standaddy".
Haven't yet decided on what I want to do for a living. Growing up in small-farm country, I went to work for local farmers when I was 12, at 16 got my first city-job, sacking groceries. Then worked in a chemical plant for about 12 years, most of that time as multi-craft maintenance tech. Then became a machinist, started a small shop of my own after a few years. Turned it over to Son, and started trucking at age 50. Auto-sales tanked, so did my car-hauling bidness. Still waiting on my bail-out. Sold my rig and went to work for Son in the machine-shop. Maybe I'll join the Navy, then go to college when I get out. Doubt it.

Stan
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Welcome to the forum. That is one outstanding vehicle you have.

This forum is full of cool people, with lots of knowledge and a fondness for sharing it.