New Alt Housing Nut

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

New Alt Housing Nut

Post by yugogypsy »

Blu, I got it easy, all I have to do to Pit Stop is put in new plywood and throw on some linoleum, Don't want a lot of wood, floor in front of stove area is metal-wood stove so no big concern about dropped ashes.

Still looking for the right bus, but may have to wait awhile, no return from taxes :cry: so bill for well takes longer to pay, wiring postponed till this time next year.

PHOOEY
Lois :(
PS sent Rudy pic of type of bus I want, so it will appear on my "No Bus Yet" thread
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

ezrablu wrote:Headache...I found a way that is probably easier than that........P.S. I think I'm going to do some woodburning designs on parts of mine before I stain and poly them.
I LOVE that! Thanks for the link and the additional idea!
Headache

Re: New Alt Housing Nut

Post by Headache »

yugogypsy wrote:floor in front of stove area is metal-wood stove so no big concern about dropped ashes.
I'll be putting my woodstove on top of some sort of brick or tile creation with protective panels to the sides and rear.

I'd LOVE to be able to get one of those older stove/oven conversions for my regular cooking but there's no way I could afford that.

Hmmm, maybe the electrical guy could do that too....
Headache

Post by Headache »

Started getting ready to git on outta here. Dad had surgery today to remove a cancer tumor and I'm bummed I'm not there to help him out. A few nights ago I got emotional and divulged what I was up to including converting a bus. He's overwhelmed that I would do this. He's worth it. I did however save some of the surprise...he asked me when I was doing all this and I told him sometime between Father's Day and his birthday(in September).

Started posting stuff up on craigslist and have a donation box started. Stuff being thrown out too. Cat confused.

Recently sold the Subaru and bought a conversion van that I will drive to WA state. It has a wheelchair lift in it that I'll build a platform to lay on it so he can drive his scooter up it. Dumb me didn't realize that there is a shut off for the lift and you only turn it on when you use it. Van is now awaiting a jump because of the now drained battery.

As long as the van holds out I'll make it to look at the bus I've had my eye on but I have to admit...this dealership is the slowest commercial business I have ever encountered regarding returning phone calls and emails. I don't know how they do it but sometimes it's excruciating.
Miss Priss

Post by Miss Priss »

Wow! I am amazed at all of the different ideas I've put in my head just from reading this one topic. I had to go get a crap book to put this stuff in so my head doesn't pop. Where does everyone find these things? I want to see pics of Ezrablu's bus.
Thank you for just letting me hang out and fill my brain with something cool!
Ps. Where do I find listings for used buses. I am not having much luck in VA. I thought being in Richmond it would be easy but, I guess it helps to know where to look. :?
Headache

Post by Headache »

I guess it will depend on how much you want to spend and how far you are willing to travel to spend that money.

Quite a few people hit up the south western states to find buses that are virtually rust free but you have to be careful. As Mark O. pointed out to me it's happened that a few unscrupulous dealers will buy super cheap rustobuses up north, ship them south then get a premium price from an ignorant buyer.

Some people buy them on ebay. I'll look at the links but at this time I'm after a coach and most everything I've seen isn't near me. I'm not in a position to travel "that" far just to look and come back to Massachusetts right now.

In perusing various websites regarding schoolie conversions specifically, I've seen some that have contacted their local school districts to find out where the buses go when they are retired from use and then seek out their potential new ride that way.

I'm new at this myself so I hope something in my post is helpful to you.

Ezra's bus is located here:

http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php?t=1616

Good luck!
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Miss Priss

Post by Miss Priss »

Thanks so much Griff and Headache! I am going to have to check it all out! 8)
Headache

Post by Headache »

In looking at a few of those there are a bunch located in VA. I've no online interpretation skills and have to trust in others sleuthing abilities for that.
splummer

Post by splummer »

western mass, near the guthrie center
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Headache

Post by Headache »

splummer wrote:western mass, near the guthrie center
Err, okay? I'm cornfused. I was answering Miss Priss who is looking for one in VA. The one I'm going to hopefully look at is in MT.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Just on for as long as I can be on. Having computer issues and luckily it's working for the moment. Hopefully it'll stay working long enough for me to order the parts I need to fix it. Yay for motherboards and video cards!
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

OK...Just who is this "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard disk?
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Headache

Post by Headache »

Griff wrote:OK...Just who is this "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard disk?
Uh...I dunno? Might want to ask that in the issues section of the forums.

I swapped out my video card while talking with Mark on the phone no less! So far it's holding out...
Miss Priss

Post by Miss Priss »

PLease give me the best specks, wheel base engine size and all that when looking for a bus. I will be traveling on a lot of mountain roads.