New Alt Housing Nut

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Uninsulated??

I couldn't see anything in the construction that showed him changing anything in the ceiling?? He didn't add any, but it didn't look like he removed any from the roof. (My 76 Intl has some fiberglass in the ceiling - not enough, so I will add more, but there is some up there.)
Headache

Post by Headache »

Stealth Camper wrote:Uninsulated??
I'm sorry Stealth I posted inaccurately. What I meant to say was that he didn't add any extra insulation to the ceiling. Mark O. tipped me off to buses that have some insulation in the roofs.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

The stuff that is in mine is very inadequate. I will probably use the Tigerfoam approach, probably do it myself, but may have the guys that did friend's house. Would be pretty cheap here, comparatively.
Headache

Post by Headache »

The woodstove my sister has for me. It's 28" long including the ash scoop "shelf". :)

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I have one just like in my shop
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That wood stove is like the one I had in my 64 International bus.

That's what I will put in my Blue Bird bus in the near future.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

I figure with that stove, the heat tape/blankets for the tanks in the compartments(if I have a coach), the insulated window treatments ezrablue posted and some type of central air or heat pump hooked to shore power with a switch flip to genset, I should have a decent grasp on winter.

My cat will be sure to let me know otherwise. :evil:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I got one almost the same...just a little bigger. I got it brand new for $100 off craigslist last summer. It normally sells for about $300

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Oh ezra that's wicked cool! I like that it has the 2 cook plates!

Not that I won't be using the flat part of mine! Anything to reduce electric usage.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Headache wrote:I did check that out but would prefer the body remain mostly intact. Too much of that has been cut away for my liking but thanks for putting up the add.

After seeing that tv bus you picked up I'm really interested in that too.

I do have to keep in mind that I'd have to have power steering and prefer air brakes over mechanical.
Here is another option. No air brakes though.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/cto/2253690242.html
Headache

Post by Headache »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:Here is another option. No air brakes though.
Hopefully, if things go okay and I have enough monies, I'll be taking a peak at a coach next month if it's still available.

I'm going to try to trade my Subaru for a van so I can haul my stuff across the US and for another convenient reason, the electrical guy is highly allergic to cats so my frisky feline is going to be van bound for the summer. Luckily for him I'm going to acquire some sort of a/c to stick in the van to keep his temper cooled off. lol

The van will also come in handy for another reason; I'll use it similar to Dennis's solar trailer only a bit smaller. I'm going to build a rack unit on wheels that I can roll out the back of the van, unfold the panels and plug into the bus.

Yes, as intimidated as I am by it I'm going to try out toading!
Headache

Post by Headache »

As I stated in Rudy's thread I'm very interested in covering the ceiling of my future project bus. My reasons for wanting this are acoustical, slight amount insulation(without sacrificing much head space) as well as decorative. I'm not a "girlie girl" but I do have my artistic pursuits.

I see that one of my decorative heroes and online mentor Mr. Von Slatt has partaken of similar;

http://steampunkworkshop.com/victorian- ... edecorated

And of course I can't leave out the infamous Magnolia Pearl;

http://www.magnoliapearl.com/Romantic%2 ... homes.html

http://www.magnoliapearl.com/blog_pics/ ... evmag.html

I was wondering how this affects interior moisture and is there any special way to install a ceiling covering using fabric to not attract moisture absorption? Would the use of a dehumidifier be warranted for this?

I'm assuming that I would have to do a different kind of install since I will be living in mine full time as opposed to travel living.

If you have any links for other installs I'd be most grateful and Rudy I'd like to know more about yours as well if there are any more details you can add.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Headache wrote:I see that one of my decorative heroes and online mentor Mr. Von Slatt has partaken of similar;

http://steampunkworkshop.com/victorian- ... edecorated
Thats Sharkey's headboard.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Headache...I found a way that is probably easier than that. Instead of having to cut all them strips and nail them all, you just lay the whole sheets and use a router to make faux board cuts. MUCH less work and nails. I think I'm going to do it this way in my bus:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/699875/

P.S. I think I'm going to do some woodburning designs on parts of mine before I stain and poly them.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed