House trucks to photograph

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Ivan

House trucks to photograph

Post by Ivan »

Hi

My wife and I are artists from Wales in the UK. We will be in California in January and early February 2007 researching the whole house truck and bus culture; its origins, what it was the precursor to, and what it is today. If anyone out there has a house truck or bus in the California area, who would like it professionally photographed by ourselves, and perhaps wouldn't mind chatting to us about their experiences then we'd really love to hear from you. You can email me directly if you like on ivan@morison.info.

Secondly, we'll be in California for a month travelling around a bit for our project, and rather than rent some soulless new RV from a hire company, we thought if someone had a house truck or bus they wanted to rent us instead we would really, really love to hear from you. Again, it would need to be in the California, round about San Francisco if possible. You decide the terms. It is just a shot in the dark, but maybe the money might come in handy?

Thanks in advance. We love what you are all doing.

Ivan & Heather
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Ivan;

Congratulations on your upcoming trip to the U.S. While you may find some house truck and bus activity in the S.F. Bay area, the real hot spot is a little further north, up in the Central Willamette Valley of Oregon. Here you would find more trucks and buses than you could hope to photograph in one extended holiday. Consider renting a car for a few days and come up for a visit.

As far as renting a house truck or bus, none available AFAIK. Most are either permanently parked and/or being used for full-time habitency. If you want a real taste of the culture, bring along a few spare quid and purchase an old school bus instead of renting a car, you can always leave it abandoned alongside the road when your'e finished with it. :wink:
Ivan

Thanks for the advice

Post by Ivan »

Thanks for the advice Sharkey. We'll definately be heading up that way, like you suggested in a months time.

Ivan & Heather