member activation email

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

my fake name

member activation email

Post by my fake name »

Hi Sharkey,

I Did not receive an activation email after I registered, now if I try to register again, I can't because my user name (Jones'n4chrome) & email address are already registered. I think someone is trying to swipe my user name, because there is a shortage of good user names. LOL

Anyhoo, I have been a fan of this site for awhile now, finding people capable of thinking on there own, without being spoon fed mainstream CRAP is rare, so finding a site full of people that know what's up is pretty cool.

If I never post again, (not the plan) I want to thank you for the countless hours of hard work maintaining such a bitchin forum! (can I say "bitchin" on this site?, I'm old school) Thanks again!

P.S. Your email is still down.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Dear Mr. Name;

I've activated your account manually, you should be able to log in using your name and password. Stupid PHP mail service scripts. I've changed the activation type to "user", which means that no activation message is required. The down side is that users can now register wihhout a vaild email address. Oh well, I don't see any spam since I put in the modifications to the forum software, so I'll run like this and see how it goes.

My email is down? I'll have to check that out, more problems...

Welcome, have fun posting.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Thanks Sharkey,

I'm in, activation complete!

Happy New Year!! I love this forum, most of the reading/info is so good, that I can spend way too much time here. I really enjoy the "30 years in a housetruck" thread, keep it up! your writing is captivating to say the least. You should write a book about those 30 years.
Thanks again.