First Start from Old Guy (great site!!)

Just want to say hello or leave a quick comment?

Moderator: TMAX

Andrews3

First Start from Old Guy (great site!!)

Post by Andrews3 »

First, what a fabulous site!

I'm not that computer savy (yet), but I'm tying.

unimaginable potential!

I notice most photos are from the early years (60's- 70's), that makes me smile. I lived, with my wife (1973- Plus to present) in an early (1954VW) customised van for several years. (I have old photo's but don't know how to convert to uploads with scanners) Apparently, I was stuggling whilst others where living in paradise! (jealous) [grin!!] ,We made our living selling silver jewelry at craft fairs in California. Custom trailer builders (as per the site photo's) are my envy!

After dropping out of the drop out culture (smile) I entered the corporate culture and proceeded to rasie a family. Now, facing reteirment I long for the freedom of past experience(I'm actaully embarrased) . Hence, the farication of a self sufficiant trailer with solar cells, composting toilet, and conformaty with DOT , PA regulations.( A story in itself! , Lots of photo's here)!

The concept is that one would purchase a property on the fringes of a
country habitat, with internet access. Park your trailer/van/bus, and hook up the minimal utility services for living. And hence...Retire!

What's the difference between a trailer and a custom house? You can move it here, you can move it there, you can move it anywhere! <grin>

Anyway, the thought is that with the turmoil with Socail Security, many, many folks who lived the life in the 60's, why not live it in reality with the idea that Social Security is a FORTUNE , compared to what we were accustomed to in our formative lives????

Hey, for what it's worth....

It's a start

Andrews