Two unusual vehicles

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Two unusual vehicles

Post by Rudy »

The Boat/Truck and The Wood Van.

dburt

Post by dburt »

The boat truck guy must be retired or have too much time on his hands. It is still quite a creative work though. The van guy looks like he ran out of money and maby ideas too! Or maby it was an 8th grade group shop project! :wink:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

What? Now they got photographic stalkers hanging out at Walmart to take embarrasing photos of the people's rigs there?

Here's a somewhat more practical meld of nautical and land vehicles:

This was taken by someone else at Burning Man from the look of it, but I've seen this bus in person and it's actually rather well done. The mast can still be raised when the bus is stationary. The poop of the boat is still outfitted for sitting.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

The poop of the boat is still outfitted for sitting.
Slight correction: The cockpit is still outfitted for sitting.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Now we know where the term "land yacht" came from! :P

Speaking of Walmart- a while back there was an email circulating around the internet titled: "The people of the Walmart Tribe". It was pictures of really different, odd, colorful, strange, wacky folks you sometimes encounter at Walmart. It was priceless! Maby some of those folks go with some of the off-the-wall vehicles found in the parking lot!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That is the site I got these photos from. There are truly some odd looking people on that site. I spared you all from those. I am only interested in the vehicles that sometimes pop up there.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Sharkey wrote:What? Now they got photographic stalkers hanging out at Walmart to take embarrasing photos of the people's rigs there?

Here's a somewhat more practical meld of nautical and land vehicles:

This was taken by someone else at Burning Man from the look of it, but I've seen this bus in person and it's actually rather well done. The mast can still be raised when the bus is stationary. The poop of the boat is still outfitted for sitting.
Is there more info on this bus? I was able to find various pictures of the bus over the years with different paint schemes, but nothing of the inside layout. I have to imagine there's a sleeping loft in the front of the boat section.

Mark