Music Central

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

hojo199

Rudy the Imposter

Post by hojo199 »

Good to see Rudy; I don't get to see him anymore because he went so far off the grid that he forgot there even was one ... maybe not such a bad thing. What you folks don't know about Rudy (because of the accordion love fest he has going on) is that he is among the greatest acoustic guitarists to ever live anywhere -- anytime. Don't let the squeeze box fool you -- that bitch can wail;-) This is not hyperbole -- just fact. I myself can play a little. I have been around great musicians -- and Rudy Harley is the best boogie woogie get downer 12 stringer who ever lived. Leo WHO????????????????
hojo199

nice squeeze box

Post by hojo199 »

You hate guitars don't you?
dburt

Post by dburt »

Well, if Rudy played guitar on any of the CDs he sent me, I agree with you about him being able to wail on the 12 string!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ha Ha, Howard, you're a funny guy. I don't hate guitars. I think they are wonderful tools. As a matter of fact, I am going to jump in my Learjet right now and am coming over there to El Kabong you with one! :lol:
Last edited by Rudy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

So, Howard, who was considered the fifth Beatle? I know you know.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Damn It, Howard, I was living so peacefully just playing accordion and mandolin. Now, you let this secret out. I suppose that the guitar police are going to find me and make me put on some fingerpicks. What did you go and do that for? OK, here's one back at you. Howard is one of the finest singers on this planet. He was the person who inspired me to play music for a living many years ago. He is still doing gigs. He knows thousands of songs. Don't let him fool you. He can play all the chords on his guitar. He was, at one time, the singer and guitarist in a rock band that was famous on the east coast. If I knew a tenth of what he does about singing, I would probably sing myself. SO THERE BUDDY!!!!
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Okay Rudy, Ill bite. George Martin was the fifth Beatle.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Stuart, That is a really good guess, however, it is incorrect.
Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

I don't know who the keyboardist was, but George Martin was often referred to as the fifth Beatle. He also played Oboe earlier in his career. Some of his Oboe playing was used on a Beatles song, but because he was so far out of practice, they had to record a sample of each note of his playing and splice it together with tape.

Then there was also the other fifth Beatle, though I can't remember his name, but he was the original bass player, whose life ended when they were still in Germany, and Paul McCartney changed to bass from guitar.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Stuart, I just received word from Howard that the fifth Beatle was Brian Epstein. I was thinking that it was someone else.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

All I wanted was for my friend, Howard, who I have known for 30 years, to reply to Music Central. Instead, he starts this thread about me and my guitar prowess. I am now forced to give you a history of my guitar years. That will have to wait until tomorrow because it will take hours to type a comprehensive report. Yeah, Howard, Thanks a lot!! Now you really put me to work. Maybe I'll just deny the whole thing and not have to tell anyone.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Rudy, wasn't Brian Epstein also their manager?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Believe it or not im actually pretty friendly with Brian’s younger “livingâ€
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Beemer dude

Rudy's friend

Post by Beemer dude »

Hello All,

Am posting at Rudyos request.
I am the guitar player on Rudy's CD of the2 / 3 of us.
Helped him in his bus project with ideas and "stuff".
Built my own house with NO plans ( 3 stories, post/ beam, no load bearing walls, 4 decks, 4000 ft-ex owns it NOW!) solar.
Rudy said I sould say some funny stories...got a million of them..
Background..was recording engineer for Roy Orbison,
played music for strippers for a few years, VP of engineering
for a company that made recording studio/ film mixing desks
( Harrison Systems/ GLW), hate computers! ( started with a IBM360
with punch cards, had one of the first Osborns "mini desk tops",
developed first digital recoding systems in 1975- modified 3M
analog multitrack converted to own digital systems-PWM).
hiked/ traveled around Europe carrying guitar made from a telecaster (very small)
playing with whomever I ran into ( I was on a bicycle).
Martial arts since the 60's..taekwondo, aikido now..
Certified in Theraputic healing touch level 2..my cats love it!
Have a garage full of BMW motorcycles from the present and 70's era
airheads ( including one I bought new in 77 with 200, 000 miles on it!)
Always messing / playing tricks on Rudy without him knowing about it till he " discovers later".

Then there was the night one of the strippers fell off the tiny table she was dancing on... or the fight with chairs flying across the room / hiding behind
speaker cabinet playing something loud and fast), or sqirting water at people on stage ( Rudy's story)....or putting on a wig and makeup to greet a friend at his apt complex possing as a drunk to see what he would do..
or...motorcycle breakdown in the middle of nowhere Kansas...or
off to fix a toilet or two ...
GoodClue

BMWs ...

Post by GoodClue »

Forgive me Rudy, ANY oportunity to talk about BMWs ... may have to start another thread, but here for now ...

Hello Beemer Dude ...

I told Rudy he sounded like a blend of David Grisman and Michael Hedges on The 2 Of Us CD ... so far my favorite of what he's sent ... you both sound great ...

Would love to see your bikes ... I presently only have one out of many bikes over the years, just can't seem to part with this one, '73 R75/5 ... the hack I got for $125 when a mechanic ran it into a parked car ... I've rebuilt the body, used it as a flat bed hauler ... on and off with 4 bolts ...

When I caretook the T-Spoon ranch, Guffey, CO ... wish I still had the two dogs ... still have knobbys on it from then ...

Back from Canada again, when the bike and I were in our prime ... had taken the lowers off the Luftmeister for city work ...

I've used it in my artwork ... that's my Mom in the hack ...

The love of my life, missed her by a century ... she travelled Colorado by herself with her setup taking photos, including this self portrait ...

May have to invest some bucks and get the bike set up for the road again, itching for a good road trip ... been too long ...

Doug