Rudy's CD ... !!!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Government sponsored, tax payer funded pork barrel gravy train is right on the money (or in stark reality, right on yours and mine money). Got my !!**#!#**!@!@#!!! property tax bill today. Only up $80 from last year. Probably 'cause my property lost value since then. I wouldn't mind taxes so much if they went to anything good. As it is, if I took the $2500 + dollars wasted in tax and just set it on fire, it would at least warm me up for a while.

Righteously pissed off

TMAX
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

By the way Rudy, Carin and I are fans of Weird Al. Have gone to 5 of his concerts so far. He and his troop are a real class act. FYI he was discovered by a local radio personality named Dr. Demento. The good doctor's specialty is playing novelty tunes. He lives somewhat close to us. I once had the wonderful pleasure of meeting him and helping him set up a show for a local neighbourhood benefit.

TMAX
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

TMAX, Having lived in Cal. many years ago, I am familiar with Dr. Demento. Weird Al is a great accordion player. He probably learned from his dad. Did you know that he has his accordions tuned a special way? I have a friend who has done sound for many many people and he told me that the best live shows he has ever seen were Weird Al and Devo. Rudy
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, Thanks for your contribution to the CD effort. I really appreciate it and it will go to good use. Rudy
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

To splummer, Steve, I still haven't gotten your zip code. Email me. Rudy
dburt

Post by dburt »

Hey T-Max, our property tax bill on the small property we own in Idaho doubled last year, but property values went down about 40%. Go figure! I sure do empathize with your Californication taxes woes. I lived and worked in the Valley, Northride to be exact, in the late '70's. It was bad then, I can't imagine what it is like now. Can you bail yet from down there, or are you stuck with a good job?
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Hi DB and thank you for the concern. Actually an $80 increase is not so bad. In the past I've been unpleasantly surprised with $200+ increases. What gets me is how poorly our state manages their finances. If I ran my household in the same manner, I would have been on the streets a long time ago. Right now, I manage finances for myself and 2 others, it's a hassle but has to be dealt with. The nasty monster the state has set upon it's people are mainly in fee increases (car registration, licences, permits, various access fees, etcetera..).

For the most part I am very fortunate in that I live in a small enclave that although it's in Los Angeles, it has changed very little in over the last 30+ years. It is almost rural in that people have and ride horses here all the time. I have 2 geese that would definitely not be allowed in most locations and not having them in my life is completely out of the picture (never mind the aviary with the parrots in them). I know and like my neighbours.

I have lived here the past 26+ years and have been retired for the last 5.

I did have some experience with Oregon in Coos county in a town called Broadbent, next to Myrtle Point. Unfortunately it was not a good one. Less than 2 years ago Carin and I were called upon to help her father relocate back to the Los Angeles area. He had a beautiful 47+ acre ranch with a completely restored 2 story Craftsman ranch house, large pole barn (had 3 well equipped shops in it), separate pump house with 2 wells and 1500 gallon storage tank, detached 2 car garage with spa in it's own room (all above the flood plane). Oh yes, also a huge barn. He also has Alzhiemer's disease. He met up with a barracuda of a real estate agent, she saw a plump pigeon and plucked him. Quickly and cheaply sold his place with a phone call. For us it was a surprise. Don't much want to go back except maybe to visit with a few good people there I met and became friends with. / Tom

TMAX
Last edited by TMAX on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Hi DB, sorry I got kind of off track about the tax issue. It bothers me that your property has lost approximately 40% and had the taxes double. It sounds like the property somehow got wrongly re-assessed or possibly identified for different usage (ie. as a rental or some kind of business that the state thinks you are making a profit on). Sounds like something you should look into. They will eat you alive if you let them.

TMAX
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Hey Rudy! Just got your "Time-Life" collection of "Rudy Pulls Out All The Stops While Pulling All The Strings", :lol: Haven't had time to listen to much yet, but I love what I've heard so far!

I'm sending some coin your way, just be advised it will be multiple small quantities since current circumstances have me a bit strapped, but overall I hope to make it worth your while.

Thanks again for the great tunes! 8)

Griff
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Griff, They are indeed the "Time-Life" collection. I didn't want to tell anyone and had hoped nobody had seen them advertised on television. Just kidding. That sure was funny though. Any contribution will go to good use. I still have the last installment to ship out. Thanks, Rudy.