Im just payin da rent

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Daughter of jaws hunter

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I finely found a few days work covering this boat. The owner is the daughter of the infamous Frank Mundus ( Capt. Quint ) from the movie “Jawsâ€
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Well, Here I go again. I'm going to start building this house in about weeks but this one I'm doing total start to finish. I will make the exterior doors, a few of the windows and all of the cabinets. It's gonna be a long one 8) There's a little more to the story. This guy Rob is a builder who I did a lot of wild custom work for years ago when I had my mill works place. About a year ago he was told he has about 8 month to live because of some pretty bad cancer so now he wants to build this last house for and with his son just incase he doesn't make it ( and things don't look good ) So he ask me if I could come on board incase the kid has to finish it himself ( The Kid is 23 ) So, What the hell, Why not. I just did 1800 square feet of custom cabinets in the last house he did for him about 2 years ago and we had a ball. So maybe the gang can send out a few good thoughts for my old buddy Rob. Who knows, maybe it will help the old guy out :wink:
[img][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/z20qx.jpg[/img][/img]
Peace along the way
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

A sad but cool story, Dennis. Glad you are up for the task as you'll be building some great memories for the 23 yr old.

The boat pic reminded me of when I was in my 20's and you could buy old sail boats that were not really sea worthy any more when the harbor master said, " time to go..." I was going to buy one, trailer it to some land, dig a hole big enough, bury it to the deck, backfill, cut the masts off, and live off the grid. Of course all the conventional geniuses I was surrounded by convinced me of my insanity.

Why, did it take till I was 40 to quit listening to people?
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
dburt

Post by dburt »

Dennis- tell Rob what he is doing is the best thing ever, leaving memories for his son! I'll send up a prayer in his behalf too! Work safe and have fun on the house project! DB
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers I got the feeling he'll need all he can get. Yah know, He has to build this place and I have to help him and the kid. I told Ian ( Robs son ) If im going to be involved in this project, we are going to need a huge radio and the kid said " Den, That why I love you" 8) :D
Peace along the way