Music Central

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dualfuel wrote:I sang along to it like this...
"Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
Its a girl my lord, in a flat bed Ford
Slowing down to take a look at me..."

I also liked...
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy"

The only time I was in Winslow, I did actually see a girl driving a 66 ford with a wood bed on it. She neither slowed down, nor looked at me, that I could tell. But I was truly flabbergasted at the coincidence.
Awesome Dude! You know your music.
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Thank you thank you!
No, I think you have it way way over me though. Sinatras, Croce, West Side Story....thats outta my league. Next you'll want quotes from Marta, or Oklahoma!
I'm strictly hits radio from 1968 to about 1984 ish, then I went off the reservation and stayed in the more bizarre european music scene.
Its fun to try and remember though!
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

I awoke to cold lake effect flakes. A swirling little blizzard. Not the big sloppy melting spring snow, but the actual winter snow one expects the first week in February.
So now I am tromping about in my NEOS with a mantra from Jim Morrison, perhaps you can guess the rest of the line...
"Waiting, waiting, waiting, ....... ... ... ..."

Well its off to make some winter wood. And here I thought we'd be buzzing spring and summer stove wood...hmmm
Dualfuel
Headache

Post by Headache »

Wow! All this wonderful music and memories! I'm no musician although I keep trying. I did some Stevie Nicks singing(not really impersonation) when younger and sometimes I can belt it out when the atmosphere is comfortable.

Not much in the music toolbox. I have a Casio electric piano, a Washburn acoustic/electric that met a sad(but temporary) demise when my sister's dog knocked it over and the head snapped from the neck(it's still in it's hard case "coffin" until I get it to a luthier), a few harmonicas, recorder, tambourine, shakers, and an ashiko with bolt tuning. I also have a little Page 152 amp to round things out.

When I get going on the bus conversion and if you saw the floor plan of Jake's bus, the area he has across from his girls bunks is where my instrument storage and piano will be located.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Austin is so far living up to its reputation as the music capitol in the USA. When I am not playing pool I have met quite a few really good musicians and been betting some great jams in...even some offers to back people up at gigs...Still....there is more $ to be made playing pool...kinda sad.
I plan on playing a tournament this sunday and some of it will be available to watch online for free...I will post a link so you can all root me on to the minners circle :D
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Hey cool, Bob...yes, post that link!
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Bob wrote:Austin is so far living up to its reputation as the music capitol in the USA. When I am not playing pool I have met quite a few really good musicians and been betting some great jams in...even some offers to back people up at gigs...Still....there is more $ to be made playing pool...kinda sad.
I plan on playing a tournament this sunday and some of it will be available to watch online for free...I will post a link so you can all root me on to the minners circle :D
I'll be there. Will it be on TAR?
Bob

Post by Bob »

I dont think it is on TAR, but rather a live internet feed from the room which is called Skinny Bob's and it is in Roundrock...just a little north of Austin. This is also where they have the big Texas Open event. I believe this is also a qualifier for that but not sure if I will still be here then...it is already getting very warm here. It was 90 degrees today! 8)
Wherever I am...I am home.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu via Blackberry

Post by ezrablu via Blackberry »

What is TAR
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

ezrablu via Blackberry wrote:What is TAR
Black, stinky, sticky stuff!

Here is a sample.
http://www.theactionreport.com/site/home.html
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

You can get some of it on La Brea Avenue.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I live in a SMALL town of way less than 250 people...and that's counting all the rural families and Amish community. "Downtown" we have a bar, a 100 yr old feed mill, a pole shed fire hall and sort of a post office. Our town is barely an intersection.

But we have the greatest volunteer fire dept...they got Garry Wesley, the #1 winner of the World Wide Elvis Competition, to come to our fire hall today for a concert. This town knows how to party - and drink like fish :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcG76dBVtAY

http://www.garrywesley.net/index.html
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I new he wasn't dead, I new it :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu