A Funny Thing Happened.....

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Granny

Post by Granny »

About two years ago (it was in the late spring of the year), I was writing letters on the computer late in the evening, and noticed the pump was kicking on. I remembered I had water running real slow for the horses, so went out to pull the hose out of their trough for the night (didn't want them to acquire a lake). Heading out the back door, I reached for the light switch and missed. No big deal, it was 20' to the horses water trough, I could do that in the dark. I'd just run out grab the hose and put it next to the tree for the night - the tree needed water. Outside, on the porch, I saw my tigger kitty and reached down to pet her. She ducked back from me :( , so I tried reaching again. This time when Tigger moved, the movement caught my eye, and I knew something was strange about it. I darted back a few steps to the back door, and flipped the light on. :shock: and double :shock: :shock: . That wasn't Tigger, I was trying to pet a Raccoon!, a wild raccoon.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

One time I was eating supper with a friend. We were having spaghetti. We started recounting old funny stories. Then the laughter begins. Then a most amazing thing happens. While I am laughing hysterically at my friend's story, a piece of spaghetti actually flew out of my nose and almost landed on his plate. I never knew that was possible, and it was spectacular to see.
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy wrote:One time I was eating supper with a friend. We were having spaghetti. We started recounting old funny stories. Then the laughter begins. Then a most amazing thing happens. While I am laughing hysterically at my friend's story, a piece of spaghetti actually flew out of my nose and almost landed on his plate. I never knew that was possible, and it was spectacular to see.
Good thing you weren't having hot dogs.
splummer

Post by splummer »

Rudy wrote:One time I was eating supper with a friend. We were having spaghetti. We started recounting old funny stories. Then the laughter begins. Then a most amazing thing happens. While I am laughing hysterically at my friend's story, a piece of spaghetti actually flew out of my nose and almost landed on his plate. I never knew that was possible, and it was spectacular to see.
hhmm have to think if that is funny, i guess t depends where at the table you were sitting, yes its possible but funny, i will let the readers decided :)
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Earlier this evening, the wife and I took our next door neighbor out for dinner for her birthday. In conversation, a story about our pets surfaced.

One afternoon about 7 or 8 years ago I brought out to our front yard our dog, Kona and my gander goose, Henri. Kona was a large Belgian / German Shepard mix. She was very friendly with all people and other animals. She would only bark at folks she knew and ignore others unless they called her and gave her attention. Henri is well... a goose. That afternoon our new Edison company meter reader was making the rounds and to save a few steps, was cutting through yards. About 3 or 4 steps into our yard he spots Kona and freaks out. Out with his trusty umbrella about half opened to ward off the dog laying down with her back turned to him. With his attention focused on Kona, he was unaware of the surprise that was quickly waddling up behind him. Henri gave him a goose on the butt. I was amazed at how high he jumped (a good 1-1/2 + feet). When he landed, he didn't know where to point his umbrella, he would look at the dog, at the goose (who was letting out a victory squawk), and at me. Back and forth. Throughout the whole time, Kona never bothered to get up. When he finally focused his attention in my direction, I calmly told him that he didn't have to worry about the dog.

TMAX
graydawg

gooser

Post by graydawg »

was that the goose that layed the golden egg errr laugh
heard they make good watch dogs
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Some new neighbors moved in the area recently. Nice folks with three young children. The oldest boy, Rep, is 7. The daughter, Till, is 5, and the youngest boy, Ian, is 4.
For the first few months, when the mom would yell out their names to come in for supper, many neighbors thought that she was crying out that there was an alligator in the house.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

My dad's cousin recounted this story to me. Apparently, my dad's mom had some unusual ideas.
Once, when she had gone to visit her sister for a few days, everyone discovered her idea of travelling without a suitcase.
After the initial greetings, she said she was going to unpack. She went to the spare bedroom. The door was open. She began removing her dress. The family was embarrassed, and did not want to look.
But they noticed that underneath that dress, she was wearing another dress. Come to find out that she was wearing four dresses in all. So "unpacking" was simply a matter of removing the outer three dresses.
Got love? Give love.
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

That was great :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I was sitting on a park bench in New York city next to two old men. I was resting from a two mile run in Central Park. I was there for ten minutes. Both of the old men were silent until I was about to leave. It was then, that I heard a most amazing question from one of them. He turned to his friend and asked " I can't remember. Was it you or your brother that died?"
Got love? Give love.
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Rudy
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
splummer

well here it is ,maine people have a sence of hummor

Post by splummer »

one of the bus posts brought me back a few years ago, back to 1970, my friend and i decided to go to fla ,so we piled into his 59 plymouth valiant and headed out.things were going fine till we got in the carolinas and the valiant decided to die on us, so we rolled to the side of the turnpike , grabbed our gear and started hitch hiking to fla. we stayed there a couple of weeks. on our way back to maine we were in the carolinas and i started laughing , still on the side of the road was our 59 valiant, just sitting there . so someone in the carolinas might have a 59 plymonth valiant
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

My F-i-L is living in his trailer out at the new forty. The trailer has a propane leak detector. Its down by the floor below the fridge. Last night my FiL awoke to his big chow farting in his sleep. Next thing he knew the leak detector alarm was going off.
I guess he'll have to move the dog to another sleeping spot....
DF
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

There are three kinds of people; those that can count, and those that can't.
Got love? Give love.