A Funny Thing Happened.....

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Bob

Post by Bob »

That was a good one! I knew i could count on Rudy for a good laugh. Does that make 5 kinds of people?
Wherever I am...I am home.
dburt

Post by dburt »

As I've said before, should we ride the school bus, or carry our lunch to school? 8)

Anyway, back in about '89 I had my mind set on buying a new motorhome to travel around with on vacations and short outings with the wife and kids. I figured that there would be less of "are we there yet?" I'm hungry, and I've got to go potty" and "I'm bored, when are we going to be there?"

The kids could watch TV going down the road, eat, sleep, and hit the potty without me having to stop. And being thus entertained, they would quit asking me when we were going to be there. The wife concurred with my idea, so I set out to find the motorhome of our dreams.

I was in the Tri-Cities, Washington state area at an RV dealership looking at either a class A or a Class C motorhome. I decided to drive the class A Georgie Boy motorhome first. It was powered by a 454 Chev, it was brand new, but as we drove along it began to sputter, cough and then backfire. I decided we better turn around and try to nurse it back to the dealership before it quit us altogether. It had plenty of fuel, perhaps it had water in the gas? So, to save time I took a shortcut thru a hispanic neighborhood in a rather run down part of town. Everytime I came to a stop sign or traffic light and would let off the gas, it would backfire two or three times.

All the young gang wannabes and even just oridinary folks walking along would duck, and run for the nearest tree or doorway, they were sure there was gunfire and even when I would pass a bar, all the guys loitering outside would duck back inside, looking around to see who was shooting at them.

That was one of the longest drives of my life, I was afraid someone would decide to shoot back. But it was also funny, and there was nothing I could do about it at the time but keep going, and scaring the crap out of everyone within hearing range.

I ended up buying the class C Tioga motorhome by the way.
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Hello Dburt, your story reminds me of the PCS cell phone feasibility study we conducted in early 1993 (I was working at AT&T at the time). We would place a portable transmitter on top of a tall building then drive all over Los Angeles in a specially equipped van monitoring the signal sent.

The van was a unmarked white Chevy with super dark tinted windows, a generator built into the side, and an antenna farm on the roof.

We would drive through neighborhoods starting at 6 in the morning. Many with more than likely gang members hanging out on their front porches, drinking their 40's and smoking pot. They would all head indoors when they saw us roll down the street. Probably thought we were DEA or possibly INS or some other agency that was there to disrupt their life style.

Good times / Tom
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The Bridge
A man on his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, God said, 'because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

The biker pulled over and said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want.'

God replied, 'Your request is materialistic; think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help man kind.'

The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, 'God, I
wish that I , and all men, could understand women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, why she snaps and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a woman truly happy.

God replied: "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Good one Rudy!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

God's a pisser isn't he :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Rudy,
That was a riot. Now I wish could just remember it long enough to tell it to somebody else. All jokes stop here.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> jokes stop here.

Yeah, know that feeling. Sometimes I think there be a "Jokestoppers Anonymous".

Rufus
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The Power Of A Wife's Love.

A very old man lay dying in his bed. In death's doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, spread out on newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table. The aged and withered hand, shaking, made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when he was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

"Stay out of those," she said. "They're for the funeral.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I think I knew the woman :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

You know her too, DTBD? :roll:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I was thinking of starting a small bluegrass band with these twin brothers. I told them that they would have to take a shower and change their clothes before we went and played out.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Watchin' the miniskirt. I guess all men are dogs.

Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Rudy, those twin brothers might lose thier ambience if you made them clean up! Them boys is powerful homely! When they were born, the doctor slapped thier mommy! They were offered a job by the highway department stopping run away trucks with thier faces! In fact that is the worst case of being beat severely with an ugly stick that I have ever seen!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A guy's on the electric chair. The warden's just about to pull the switch
when the guy gets the hiccups. The warden says, "Do you have any last
requests?" The guy says, "(hic) Yeah... (hic) could you please do (hic)
could you please do something to scare me?"
Got love? Give love.