Digital olfactory synthacator computer program really works

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

I had never heard of smell-a-vision, but I did know a guy who had developed a 60mpg carb that he had on a Chev 350 V-8. It worked on the principle of heating the raw liquid fuel into a vapor before drawing it into the carb throat, he was an Auto Mechanics teacher in a high school back in the '80's up in NE Oregon. I was teaching in another high school, and had gone to see him and his program on a teacher visitation day and saw the set up he had. He was very naive, and tried to get a patent for his carb. It did not take long for the attorneys from Standard Oil to send him threatening letters via certified mail that he was to destroy his carb and that he better not try to market it, because Standard Oil had the patents on such technology.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I've heard stories about high mpg carburetors. Of course the greedy oil barons would shut them down. There was a French car that, in the fifties, would hold five people, go 80 miles per hour, and get 40 miles per gallon. It had a horizontal opposing twin cylinder engine that was air cooled. A friend in California had five of these from that same vintage. He even used a spare engine in a gyrocopter that he had hand built. Here are two photos. The black one is a 1960 model, and the red one is a 1961.

Last edited by Rudy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
dburt

Post by dburt »

I haven't seen a Panhard in years! I had a college buddy who had several of them, strange but interesting cars. I once owned a 1971 Citroen DS21 4-door sedan for a couple of years. It was "French strange", quirky but interesting and fun to drive. And very comfortable!
PapaBrewsky

Post by PapaBrewsky »

I don't know where you guys get these crack pot....sorry crack pottery ideas!? The speakers hooked to your computer are not capable of creating smells. That's ludicrous. What's happening is much more sinister in that it involves mind control. This has been PROVEN by scientist to work quite effectively. The 'picture' you're looking at is in actuality a re-occurring animation that has hidden frames with embedded messages only your subconscious is capable of seeing. That's right....subliminal messaging. It's also been established that this is not a foolproof technique, which is why the smells are not totally accurate. Question: Have you been having odd cravings? Have you been behaving in unusual ways? You're probably not eve aware of it!
GoodClue

Carburators ...

Post by GoodClue »

So, is it patent infringement to be altruistic and release to the general public the information on how to build these carburators without making money, or does that rob the petrol industry by denying them their excessive profits and control? Dburt, I'll build one if you can remember the basics ... hmmmn, a vaporizing unit ... isn't that how they run propane units?
Doug
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

PapaBrewsky, Now that you mention it, I DO remember about subliminal suggestions in advertising. Do you think that Big Brother is trying this stuff out on our forums?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, If you build one of those carburetors, THEY will come looking for you. You can't stop the oil barons from buying more homes in Beverly Hills.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Here's a test.... I just farted..... Smell it?

Mark
dburt

Post by dburt »

Mark, I was blaming the cat box for the odiferous smells but maby it was you!!

Doug, the "100 mpg" carb works on the principle of having a water jacket surrounding the float bowl which is set up to have less of a liquid level. The water jacket takes hot water from the engine which then causes the liquid gas in the float bowl to vaporize. Your engine then runs more on fuel vapor rather then raw liquid gas. I am sure that there are changes made in the jets for idle and power too. When you spray Ether into a carb or air cleaner to start a car in cold weather you are in effect doing the same thing. You are not spraying liquid down the throat of the carb, but a vapor. When your carb or injection system sends raw liquid fuel down into the intake manifold, you waste alot of fuel. So that is the basic principle of the high mileage carbs. You burn more vaporized fuel, and less raw liquid, hence you get more use out of a tank of gas. The devil is in the details as they say. You have to tinker with the jets, idle circuits, power valve, etc but it can be done! I don't know if anyone has ever tried a similar approach with fuel injection or not. I would guess that it works better with a carb.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Now I read an article that the government wants to stop research being done on the "smell via the computer program" that many of the larger corporations are doing. Seems that some folks have trouble with the 3-D TVs that are coming out, and there is a feeling by some researchers that "smell Technology' (as I call it) could be disorienting to the senses as well.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I am certain that that IS subliminal but my scratch and sniff camera REALLY works!
Maybe I should take some pictures of my holding tanks with it and post them here for everyone? :twisted:
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I pass...but thanks for the offer :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Bob

Post by Bob »

OK...but I want you to know that the offer has no expiration date! :D
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu