the axe may or most likley will fall

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

the axe may or most likley will fall

Post by splummer »

i got call into work yesterday to cover an overtime shift and got a chance to talk to some of my co workers and it seems or rumers have it we may all be with out a job very soon, due to goverment cuts.i have been in this feild now for 36 years and this has been the worse for cuts.in the late 60s when i started work at the state hosp i knew they were closing down but it took 20 years to do itbut it did close leaving the residents with no place to go , alot ended up living on the streets, i then went to work for anther agency and due to cuts left them in real bad shape so i started making plans, i worked there for 15 years. i planned on traveling last year in the bus , my wife and i made arrangments to have someone we trust house sit for us to take care of the house and animals. but some how i got an invitation to work here, i was hesitaint but took the job , but after hearing what i heard yesterday it may be over, now iam not ranting or even upset, iam thinking this may be the time for us to do what we want to do. we bought a bus years ago cos we do the crafts fairs on week ends and did some traveling and had to stop cos my job was on the week ends. so we are now back to doing some planning and waiting for this good news, but i have to have to add others are not taking this this good. but this could be a whole other conversation . iam looking forward to be free from work