Snow

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

dadeo

Post by dadeo »

Here's some pictures I took of the Detroit, MI./Windsor, ON. area:

A couple days ago it started snowing:

Then, the next morning:

And today:
dburt

Post by dburt »

Will this winter ever end??
splummer

Post by splummer »

no , we are getting 3-4 feet more of sno tonite
dburt

Post by dburt »

I hope you stocked up on essentials! It is strange, we have not had enough snow to measure out here in SW Idaho this winter, but lots of rain, fog, cold weather.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

It's bad enough that Splummer gets a whole bunch of snow where he is, it is compounded by the fact that when it melts, it eats up the road.

In the picture below, it looks like this portion of the road escaped damage.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are two pics from Granny's trip back to Oregon from Boise today. Still some snow there. That is strange because here it is 83 and hot and sunny.

Got love? Give love.
Granny

Post by Granny »

It isn't bad enough that it is cold and windy at my house today, it is also spitting snow. I just drove through some this morning, coming home. I sent some pictures to Rudy for posting. Thank you Rudy, it is well appreciated for those like me, that you agree to post photos for us.
Oops, I didn't see that they were already posted. Thanks again, Rudy, much appreciated.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Splummer's road made me think of my road...
ImageImage
These views are of the '36 Autopatrol 12 pushing the mat off the bush road on March 9th 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4-Q9sC5R_o
This gives you some idea of the sound.
Here is the Auto Patrol, in December 2008.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

We tracked down a lead on some stashed vegatable oil in Copper Harbor the day after pushing off the mat. So we rolled up there and snagged 80 gallons from the owner of "The Pines" (thanks!) and took these shots.Image

This is the view looking north out of Copper Harbor taken by the Harbor House. The rocks have snow and are not to be confused with ice bergs. The lake didn't freeze this year.

This a cute little cord wood shack. Cordwood construct seems to be all the rage in Copper Harbor these last few seasons as there is three buildings up now, using this method. They must not have little kids....

Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Dennis,
I remember those pictures... they were taken after the big blizzard in 1992/1993 at Sault St. Marie. Those folks got 6 ft of snow in one blast. We all thought we were going to get rich shoveling it off roofs....
That was the winter after a volcano eruption. We had a really cold summer, with snow in June and killing frost in July. Lost everything but the peas that year.
BPJ
Granny

Post by Granny »

Happy cinco de mayo everyone, it is snowing at my house!
splummer

Post by splummer »

Rudy wrote:It's bad enough that Splummer gets a whole bunch of snow where he is, it is compounded by the fact that when it melts, it eats up the road.

In the picture below, it looks like this portion of the road escaped damage.

dont want this again, pics from last year, so maybe its best to let it melt slowly steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I hear ya....we've had flooding and flood warnings for the past two weeks straight then get that big storm Tuesday. Crazy weather. I'm glad the temperatures dropped again here for this week to slow down the melting. Last year the road to my land was completely washed out for over a month before the township was able to rebuild it. And even though it's out of the way, thank goodness I can get in there from the opposite direction.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Post by splummer »

yep snowing real hard, last year at this time it was rain ,so it could be worse , the only problem was i had to rebuild the road, :cry: ,it is my drive way, about a mile long. steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

That's a drag, Steve...we once had a driveway that was a little over a mile long. It was wonderful living back off the dirt road like that but most of the time we parked at the end by the road and hiked in and out. It sucked walking to the end of the driveway to catch the bus in 30 below zero. It sucked in the Fall getting tormented by my oldest brother on the long walk. It sucked in Spring to be chased by skunks who lived 1/2 way down the driveway. It just plain sucked.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed