winter projects

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: winter projects

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

rlaggren wrote:Still rewiring the house, build out the laundry room, recopper the other house... that'll take care of a few months!

And the niece wants to open some kind of business when she gets back from the Gulf in the spring - assuming she decides to go non-active. She's talking opening a bar/grill, but she's a shoot-first-ask-maybe kinda girl with a nasty right hook - not sure her customer relations is quite up to it but it'll be something fun to look forward to. <g>

Rufus
Yah gotta love the girls with hair on there knuckles :thumbup:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
splummer

Post by splummer »

yep wiring can be time concuming, thats the first thing on the m 37 ,a new wire harness, be sure to thank your neice for her servive,from us. steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

My winter project list is knitting hats and scarves for my friends that are working out in the cold, and learning to cook new and wonderful warm meals for when people drop by cold and tired.

Rick is going to take the doors off Pit Stop and fit in another door we have. Yesterday he made a 2x4 frame and gave her a 6 mm poly windshield.

After the door comes a clean out, time for another bonfire and we've been storing everything in Pit Stop.

We've had an inch of snow twice, raining and COLD today

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Hi Lois

Sounds like just the thing to work on on a cold winter day. And a little fire to keep you warm, too. <g>

Cheers,
Rufus
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

My winter project is to take some pieces of 1/2" hardwood plywood, bolt them to the walls of the trailer as backers to support the hanging of shelves and fixtures. Have sanded and coated them with polyurethane and they look fairly decent. Started to install the largest one, about 33" x 38" and found that it was too long on one side. Should be 32" instead of 33". Now waiting for the fall monsoon to stop (clear and sunny, 45 degrees today) and I can cut the edge off.

First fixture is to be a mounting bracket for the flat screen computer monitor I got a few months ago. Get it off the table and out of the way. Then maybe build some small lightweight cabinets for storing "stuff" - all that junk I can't bear to part with (since I use all of it once in a while), but don't want laying around like it is now.

And changing oil/filter in truck and car.
Changing starter motor in truck.
Keeping SWMBO entertained so she doesn't get bored.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Rick and I are packing things in boxes and taking panelling off the walls in preparation for wiring in the Spring. Plus we have to do some painting indoors and out come Spring--particularly where I accidently ran my Dodge Caravan into the corner of the house and damaged the trim on the house :oops: -only scratched the van! LOL!

So I will have to buy a spray can of paint for the van too. :oops:

My pal Rob is going to fix the brakes on my van and then it goes to the local garage to get the ball joints changed and the tranny serviced, plus the trailer hitch needs fixing.

I've been thinking of going with a vardo idea with the van until I get a bigger vehicle. I just have to sit down and figure out how to make the fixtures removable so I can still use my van as a van to haul things for doing the house and yard repairs.

We've got to build a utility trailer on my 14 ft trailer frame, for hauling hay, garbage, etc or as a tool trailer for any work we get. We have help now, one of my neighbours from years ago is back in the area and helps us with a lot of things :)

Take Care
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

gee ,how the time flies , we had a weird winter up here so took advantage of the weather here ,finshed my pw and startedwork on my m 37, and now its time to make maple ,so whathave you all been doing
splummer

Post by splummer »

oh yeah forgot bout my bus, all clean up and ready for a trip , soon i hope
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I lost my help, he "fixed" my computer with pirated software and it died--he wouldn't pay the repair bill. $327.20, then less than a month later the hard drive died that he'd given me. Had to replace computer $336.90.

I raised H*** and he wouldn't pay for that either, I know why, he's a drinker and wants his booze money, echoes of my Dad refusing to buy groceries for Mum and I so he could drink! :evil:

Lois :x
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

splummer wrote:gee ,how the time flies , we had a weird winter up here so took advantage of the weather here ,finshed my pw and startedwork on my m 37, and now its time to make maple ,so whathave you all been doing
Wishing I was coming up your way for some fresh maple somethings!

The weather HAS been weird! Hardly any snow. :(
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

we had 1/2 an inch of snow yesterday, which is weird for us in February

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

sap all of the sudden stopped, not sure how things will work out , but still have lots of time,i hope. weather isweird up here ,we have only a foot of sno ,iam hearing more coming weds, maybe a foot or so :screwy: .no matter how easy this winters been i still cant wait till spring.
Headache

Post by Headache »

I can relate to wanting spring yesterday. It's going to be over 60 today. Thankfully the night time temps are starting to at least be at freezing. I'm really looking forward to a good stretch of sunny weather.

I'm also planning ahead for bugs and making sure I have an air conditioner on the list of things to do. I'll also be making velcro screens for all the windows that don't have them. Luckily my 2 RV doors have screen doors on them.
splummer

Post by splummer »

well now that i took an early retirment things are getting more intersting up here on our mt, starting an antique shop ,opening late spring, will take the winter to get ready ,then to add more to the list iam starting to restore the 51 caddy hearse, then its all the other every day living stuff, so whatshappening here for your winter projects. steve
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

knitting, crocheting, sewing and reading. No running out to the !#$%^&*()_+ :x boat in this WET weather.

I am going to curl up with my knitting or some other project and a cup of cocoa.

Sailing is over-rated and so is the jerk who owns the boat! Fleury just needs a leak or two fixed and then we can put up the ceiling.

My BIG project is taking care of my horse with his goofy ticker. He's had a bad weekend so I'll be calling the vet tomorrow.

Take Care All
Lois
Bash On Regardless!