winter projects

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

I'm losing it in my old age Rudy- I should have made up a good story about the hops poles being just a bunch of small power poles set close together here in Idaho, since the power comes from small dam hydro-electic turbine plants that are all close together on the Snake river or some such nonsense! Oh well, you can't be 100% on top of your game all the time, you know! :roll:
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

dburt wrote:They sure are! You have sharp eyes Mark!
I homebrew beer, so have an interest in hops. Never seen a hops field in real life, only pictures.

Mark
dburt

Post by dburt »

I'll try and get a picture when the hops fields are in full "bloom" or whatever it is you call them just before harvest time in Sept. They are very labor intensive to harvest, to even plant for that matter. Gotta get all those vines to start up the right strings, which are held up with lots of poles and guy wires, overhead wires, and stay wires. Quite a process!
MrBreeze

Post by MrBreeze »

Dburt...Great Job On The Tractors !!! SWEET.

I Also Do What Your Talking About. Mostly I Restore The 47-55 GMC Trucks.. I Had 32 Of Them At One Time :D Now Im Down To 20 Or So..I Own A Farm Out In Kansas And Have 20 Acres To Keep My Babys Stored.

I Bought My 1951 GMC w45 Holmes Tow Truck From Emett Id. Not To Far From You There Outside Of Boise.. This Truck Was Owned By..BORK MOTORS !!! Wow What A Name !!. And YES It Has A 270 Jimmy. I Have Several 302s Also And Thought About Doing The Swap...But Hey,The 270 Is Great Just As Is.... You Could Also Get The 270 With A Hipo Head !!! VERY RARE Though...

Please Keep The Pictures Coming..I Love Pics.

So....Are You Going To Do That GMC ?? I Love Those Factory Tow Hooks On The Front Of Your Truck..Hard To FInd Out Here. If You Ever Want To Sell The Hooks...Please Let Me Know..10-4

JOHN
dburt

Post by dburt »

Hey John, I have not bought the GMC yet, it is not listed for sale as such, but a friend of mine said he would sell it to me for $1,200. He won't back off the price any, so I am seeing what it looks like for me financially the end of this month and decide if I can afford to get it next month for another project. I really like the old GMC/Chevy trucks, I used to have a '53 Chev 5-window 1/2 ton that someone transplanted a 235 six into, wish I still had that one. :( I just sold a '49 2.5 ton COE Chev farm truck, wish I could have kept it too, but needed to keep the cash flow going! A while back I had 3 '46 Chev 2 ton farm trucks that I bought from a retired farmer friend of mine. But had to sell them too! Poverty sucks!! :roll:

If I get the GMC I will build the cabin on the back in such a way as it could be taken off is someone wanted to make the truck back into a farm truck or some such thing!

Emmet is not too far from our place we have in SW Idaho, the Bork family in the NW is a large one, they are in Pendleton, Enterprise, and Elgin Oregon, and over here in Idaho also. It seems they are all related too!

What was a hippo-head 270? What did it look like, and what would be it's application?
Granny

Post by Granny »

dburt, I have an AC WD something or another that I have farmed with for over twenty years. It is sitting out in the field where it decided not to start a couple years ago. It looks real similar to your WE. I forgot to mention, it looks similar, but not nearly as nice.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Hi Granny,

Snap a pic of the truck and post it here, also I'm eager to see the porch you built for your bus.
Did you score the bus you were bidding on?
dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny, post a picture of your WD and we can put the word out that it might be for sale? :?: Also post that picture of your back porch too!
Granny

Post by Granny »

Okay, I don't "do" digital cameras yet. That makes it pretty hard to get the pictures out of the 35mm and on to the computer. Well, I do have a digital, but it is a real cheapy and doesn't work very good, and the batteries are always dead. As for the porch, it is still waiting to go on the bus, when I get the bus (If I score the bus in the auction). Next, the WD is not for sale, but I might have to hire dburt to restore it for me some day. I have sentimental attachment to my little tractor. I'll see what I can do about figuring out the camera. As for the porch, it is still in pieces, waiting to go together. I have cut the pipes, welded some together here and there, but got to have the bus to finish it. I don't find out about the bus till the first week of March. My daughter works for a paint outfit in Portland. I just mailed her the paint sample colors that I want for the outside of the bus. She'll be coming with me when I get the bus (if I win the bid), so she can bring me the paint then. I know, I'm getting the cart before the horse. I need the bus first. I am getting one, whether it is that one or not. So, I am getting things ready.
Granny

Post by Granny »

Okay, I fired up the 'ole' digital camera today and took pictures of my winter projects that I got going. However, I don't know how to post them here. Also, I am not about to put my e-mail address in a public forum. So, how do I go about getting someone else's e-mail address to be able to get the pictures to someone to post? I got pictures of my AC tractor, my pickup that I am in the process of polishing up the chrome wheels. You ought to see my dish drainer -- loaded up with chrome right now. Then, I got pictures of the livestock feeder panels I have been making, the guard I want to get cleaned up and painted and put on my little pickup, etc. None of the bus stuff yet as I still don't have a bus :( :evil: . Oh, I also took a picture of a really neat (old and rusted) wrought iron part from an old porch, that I found. I am planning to incorporate into my "back porch" on my bus -- when and if I ever get a bus :cry: .
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Granny, feel free to send me the pics. I will post them for you. Rudy

rootseller333@gmail.com
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here's Granny's Allis Chalmers Tractor. It will not start at this time. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

Last edited by Rudy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

These are some some livestock feeder racks that Granny fabricates.

Last edited by Rudy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Looks like Granny will be getting dirt under her fingernails with this job.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A bumper guard that will go on a small Ford Ranger truck.

Got love? Give love.