winter projects

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

Re: winter projects

Post by GoodClue »

Hey Steve ... just re-laced my ol' 1970 Sherpa snowshoes ... the outer lacing holding the skin had given out. Has the best binding system, well worth the time repairing.
Used mid weight polycord ... no paracord available ... instead of weaving the lace, knotted each hole individually ... if one blows out, can easily repair without losing all the lacing ...
Time consuming, took all of 3 days, but works beautifully. So glad to save these Sherpas, prefer snowshoeing over cross country ... my speed. Always used ski poles, can go anywhere. Even used when I did the US Census in 2000 ... 12000 plus feet in snowed-in mountain developments above Fairplay. My favorite winter sport. :thumbup:
"ya gotta have art ..."
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

My boat going into the boat yard at Maple Bay soon, our new house-mate is a sailor and is going to help me with her, then she goes back in the water there and I have to find moorage. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

hope all is well lois, been a long winter here and speaking of maple we just started,i hope its going to be a good season
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Hi Splummer,

Now the boatyard is full and my roommate opted to move back to Calgary because he couldn't find work :(

On the up/down side of things, the down is my van motor started threatening to fly to bits, smashing the electrodes flat on its plugs at 406,000 km, the up is I got a 1988 VW Jetta that is a dream to drive and is in super shape--no rust! :D

Our home renovations are going well, and we got the carport roof done, no more leaks. Next project is front porch--a real bear of a job because the porch roof is part of the main roof.

Luckily my friend Jill married a guy who can fix it! :thumbup:

Today's disaster was the outlet pipe from the septic tank broke when we had the tank cleaned, so we had to go to the hardware store and get some pipe to fix it.

After that we went for lunch at the pub in the village, so I am stuffed full of Reuben sandwich

IF we ever get to have a Bus-In up here, that's where we'll go to eat to celebrate.

Good luck with Maple syrup time
Cheers
Lois :)
Bash On Regardless!