Photography

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Re: Photography

Post by ezrablu »

Wow Dusty...that's a VERY beautiful photo! Am I right that you just took that photo recently? Simply lovely...I can feel the peaceful solitude and the colors are amazing.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack this thread. I moved the rest of what I wrote onto my thread :banghead:
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Ezra, yes the pic was taken the day it was posted. Still waiting on the thaw ............
58 Bedford House
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

WOW...I don't mean to sound, uhhhh...American :D but I didn't realize your winters were our summers :sly: So it's summer for Christmas there? :? It sure is beautiful there!

I went to this website to get the weather information.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi there kids, it's been ages 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

We don't often get lots of snow , but this winter has started with a roar, here is a video clip of the Kiwi Rail on Arthurs Pass route.

http://www.ourtube.org.nz/videos/travel ... thurs-pass

I thought the bridge part was pretty cool.
58 Bedford House
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I suppose , while I am doing video posts , here is a short film of some free skiing at Temple Basin.

I have climbed this when it was dry (and I was younger), and the views are stunning , huge credit to the guys skiing those slopes.

http://www.ourtube.org.nz/videos/travel ... mple-basin
58 Bedford House
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Fantastic videos, Dusty! I can't even imagine living in such a beautiful place! The state of Wisconsin where I live here in the USA is known for it's snowy winters and we have plenty of fantastic ski resorts throughout the state. In fact, Tyrol Basin in Mt Horeb about an hour southeast of me is one of the top 3 snowboarding resorts in the mid-west. But we sure can't compete with the beauty or mountains in New Zealand :D

I sent the link to the train video to a Canadian friend who has worked for the Canadian National Railway his whole life (he retires this next year). He's built up so much vacation he's gonna spend the whole summer up at the fly-in fishing helping us out....he heads back to the camp today. Canada gets a lot of snow and he's cleared the tracks like the video shows plenty of times. I think he'll enjoy this video very much :thumbup:
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Heres a little taster, before I start a new thread in the next day or three with a heap of new photo's.

This is Stavekirk in Rapid City, South Dakota. I took this photo whilst there last September.

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Wow
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.