Photography

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A maze of metal.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here's a picture that John Warren took of the Northern Lights in Tromso Norway last year.

Got love? Give love.
TrailerTrash

Post by TrailerTrash »

Thanks for that pic , it reminds me of the time I spent working at a gold mine in Alaska.

They would change color constantly and were so bright at times you could see your shadow on the ground.

They're incredible to see in person.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I've seen housetrucks, housebuses, even housemotorcycles, but here's a first. A housebike.

Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

That's cool!

Gee I wonder why the guy peddling doesn't have an ounce of fat on him? :lol:
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Rudy wrote:I've seen housetrucks, housebuses, even housemotorcycles, but here's a first. A housebike.

I'e seen that. It really isn't livable, it's how he transports and shows his artwork.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

After a day of riding with my Friend Keith, I was so ready to blast back to Keith's house for a BBQ we had planed. Just as we were about to leave, a boy about 7 years old fell off his new dirt dike. His mom was with him at the time, he was OK, but she asked if I would go tell her husband to come pick them up with the truck.
This is my truck just before the boy crashed, the low battery light was flashing in my view finder, so I snapped a couple and turned it off.

I had set my camera on the hood of my truck to go help the boy. After we helped load all their bikes, it was almost dark. I looked up and saw this sunset, I ran about 75 yards to get my camera. I was able to get about 15 photos before the battery died. Here is one of them.

Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

The Quincy Stack a day or so before Julio's blew it down. The Steam Hoist Association claimed it would cost $300000 to repair. Julio's charged $30000 to drop it. It stood for over a hundred years, I don't think it was going anywhere.
The stack provided the draught for the boilers that powered the Quincy Hoist, which is the largest operable steam hoist in the world.
Its located above Hancock MI on Quincy Hill, across from Franklin Location.
The shot was taken on a typical December day in the Keweenaw.
DF
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

This view of the west is typical of our winters here. The black cloud sits off the western shore of the keweenaw. Its generating snow. The cold air is sucking up warm water vapor. Often the sky overhead will be cloudless, the sun will be shining, yet the snow will be coming down steady.
This weather is bad for people with ADD because you gotta remember to keep sweeping off the panels. SAD people look at the black cloud that never moves or goes away, and get really depressed.
Me, it makes me jittery like when I see a thunderstorm coming.
Sometimes the cloud does move and when it does, we get buried.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

This is 70 miles north of the Quincy. This was taken from the top of Brockway above Copper Harbor. It was last Feb during the Copper Harbor Run For Fun, a vintage snowmobile ride. The view is looking south east towards Mt. Houghton.
Last edited by Dualfuel on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Dualfuel wrote:Image
The Quincy Stack a day or so before Julio's blew it down. The Steam Hoist Association claimed it would cost $300000 to repair. Julio's charged $30000 to drop it. It stood for over a hundred years, I don't think it was going anywhere.
The stack provided the draught for the boilers that powered the Quincy Hoist, which is the largest operable steam hoist in the world.
Its located above Hancock MI on Quincy Hill, across from Franklin Location.
The shot was taken on a typical December day in the Keweenaw.
DF
The Julio's are destroying most of the history in my neighborhood also.

Chuck
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

I didn't get it 'til today Chuck. Its a different set of cultural references here. We have the only white people that will out breed anybody else, living right here. The Bangers or Apostolic Lutherns. 18 kids per family is pretty common. They usually travel in those E350 one-ton vans. Groceries are delivered by Sysco. I like 'em cause they don't prothelytize. In fact, they don't want you to join their church.
Yup, its an island. Without the internet, there'd be little contact with the outside. Why leave paradise?

Here is a "bus" I am going to own. I gotta get busy and bang on some doors and find out who owns this beauty. She's steel hulled, twin engined, and big enough that the tribe can spread out on an overnight. I don't know what power plants she has but, the way my luck runs she's probably diesel!
DF
Granny

Post by Granny »

Here's a view from my trips moving. This is up out of Prairie City, Ore.

The dogs and I went camping last September, this is what we woke up to find.

Sorry it is sideways, I didn't know how to turn it. 8)
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Granny, as you become more proficient with posting photo's, you will want to become good friends with The GIMP. It can do anything with photo's.

http://www.gimp.org Scroll to the bottom of the page to download a version for your computers operating system.
Granny

Post by Granny »

Thank you Stuart. Right now I am just really happy that I learned how to post the photos. I appreciate your knowledge here, but think I better count my blessings for the moment. I'll try to remember where you told me this, and come back to it when I feel comfortable trying that.
Thank you for turning the photo for me, though. :wink: