Photography

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

Hayman Burn area

Post by GoodClue »

Took an 80 mile trip around the perimeter of the burn a few days ago ...

All images 'cept Severity copyright DAYoung 01/01/2010

A survivor ...

Largest in Colorado history, 137,760 acres, started by a forestry worker burning love letters 6/8/02, controlled 7/18/02.

These images are almost 8 years after ...

... the price of love scorned ...:banghead:

Doug
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

What a JACKOFF!!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Female Cactus?
A photo taken by Bob in Quartzsite, Arizona. The white dots you see at the bottom are the RVs parked in the desert for the winter.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Another view of the Arizona desert and the many RVs.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

That view of all the RVs is stunning , are some or all being lived in there ? its like a mobile city.
58 Bedford House
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Dusty wrote:That view of all the RVs is stunning , are some or all being lived in there ? its like a mobile city.
It's a Mecca for all the snowbirds. Usally older, retired folks that go to Arizona to get away from the snow and cold of winter. In the spring, they will migrate back to their homes in the north.

Mark
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hey all and thanks Rudy for doing the posting...we should all give him a great big hand! You are right about it being a mecca for retired snowbirds, but I also see a lot of young people that have taken to this lifestyle, lots of artists and musicians, or just regular folk that live in mobile spaceships. Its nice to know that almost everyone.... even those working in the stores downtown are "mobile dwellers"'.
I played guitar all day and ate from the vendors...what a life. I also met a hobo by the name of Captain Dingo...he is a very famous hobo..been on the cover of Life magazine, does shows with Arlo Guthrie...but he is a genuine hobo. You never know who will show up out here in the desert. He is coming back tomorrow to play some more music.
There are about 20 busses here now...tomorrow another 200 are expected. I will get out and take some shots...they park right in my backyard. It's like watching a parade when hey come in!

www.hobo.com here is the hobo website for Captain Dingo and other real life hobos.
Wherever I am...I am home.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Several years ago, my sister and brother-in-law (who are ~very~ straight) went to Quartzite to dry camp in their 5th wheel. Pat was telling me all about it and then began telling me about a concert "where there was this strange but friendly guy made up as a clown". I immediately said "Oh, you met Wavy Gravy?". "Yes, that was his name, how did you know?" They couldn't believe that I had ever heard of him and were quite incredulous when I explained his Prankster background, dedication to third-world vision surgery, and bid to become president back in the 60's.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Skull Rock in the Arizona desert near Quartzsite. You need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get there. That's Bob looking for an electrical outlet. That is just too funny!

Last edited by Rudy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Some flowers in the California desert. I think these are known as Ice Plant.

dburt

Post by dburt »

That boat/canoe sculpture- what a waste of some good canoes!

Rudy, Bob's picture at Skull rock is great, what a super cool formation! I'd like to go see it. The ice plant picture is a classic also!

I wish I could afford to leave this ice box they call SW Idaho and go south to Quartzite for a while. Looks like a neat place to be in the winter!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

dburt wrote:That boat/canoe sculpture- what a waste of some good canoes!
Exactly my thoughts when I saw it. Give those canoes to some deserving families and you'd create a lot more enjoyment overall than stimulating a few tourists curiousity. Also, I wonder how many mosquitoes breed in the water that those canoes trap? :roll:
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Sharkey wrote:
dburt wrote:That boat/canoe sculpture- what a waste of some good canoes!
Exactly my thoughts when I saw it. Give those canoes to some deserving families and you'd create a lot more enjoyment overall than stimulating a few tourists curiousity. Also, I wonder how many mosquitoes breed in the water that those canoes trap? :roll:
They've got drainage holes and besides, skeeters have better sense than to live in that kind of heat! :D :D

Mark
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A favorite of mine.

On the left is a mid 70s Guild twelve string that I painted.
In the middle is a Gibson J45. It belonged to Bob. We sanded the finish off the top to improve the sound. It ended up with the bridge pulling up and pretty much self destructing.
On the right is a hand made flamenco guitar made by a guy in California. His name is Equihua. He died twenty years ago. I bought it from his widow. It was the last guitar he had made. I sold it to my air force buddy in Wisconson. He played it so hard, he actually destroyed it.
The only guitar left alive out of those three is the Guild 12 string. All three of those guitars can be heard on one of my CDs called Just Guitar.
If you don't have a copy, I will send you one. Email me at:
rootseller333@gmail.com
Last edited by Rudy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
splummer

Post by splummer »

nice rudy could you please give a discription of them thanks ,steve