1936 Cub bus on craigslist

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

jsthyme

1936 Cub bus on craigslist

Post by jsthyme »

Hi all I've been lurking on here for months while searching for a home to call my own & I've found a really cool bus up in spokane WA on craigslist . She's a 1936 "CUB" 26 ft bus that looks like an old 50's crown & airstream had a love child. Does anyone know anything about them? I 'm sadly lacking on geek skills so if anyone can tell me how to copy & paste the link to the ad so you can see what she looks like - please clue me in.
Thanks - Joanne
jsthyme

Post by jsthyme »

Sorry guys she's on seattle's craigs list - ID # 1551763909 if that helps??
:oops: Joanne
dburt

Post by dburt »

Neat old bus, but it looks like a big project! Are you up to doing lots of mechanical things, as well as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical? Oh, and some painting too! Do you have covered shelter to work under or in when the weather is nasty? It would be cheaper to buy a good late model school bus and have a more updated drivetrain, tires, etc. Of course it would not have the same charisma as the Cub bus! It's easy to fall in love with something, and forget about all the work it will involve to bring it up to snuff! Boy, do I know about that! Just trying to keep you even keeled as you make this big decision, just want you to think it all through so you will not be disappointed later! Keep us posted on what you do, ok? We will cheer you on, give advice and even a shoulder to cry on. Welcome to the forum!!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

1936 Cub Bus - $3900 (Spanaway)

Date: 2010-01-13, 7:39PM PST
Reply to: sale-swdem-1551763909@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This bus was converted to a motor home serveral years ago. Now it needs total restoration. Older PontiacV8 motor, automatic transmission. Great project for someone looking to build a classic motorhome. Call Rick at 253-219-8348

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Here are the pics.

jsthyme

Post by jsthyme »

Well carpentry & painting I can do - the rest not so much . the guy is sending me some pics of the interior & it sounds like he's done most of the engine work already so I'll wait to see what the rest looks like & hope for the best - she would be a beauty ..... Thanks Dburt
jsthyme

Post by jsthyme »

Thanks Rudy for posting the pics - tell me how to do that sometime

thanks JS
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Ooooooh Booooy, She's a looker 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

If the mechanicals are up to speed, that is a big plus. Find out all you can about the brakes, transmission, driveline with u-joints, etc. Has he redone the cooling system? Go over the bus with a fine tooth comb, make a list and check it twice as you look it over when you go to see it. Keep us posted on what happens!!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Check the windshields for damage, and any other glass that is not flat. Having curved glass made is not cheep.

More good info.
http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php?t=1062

Chuck
jsthyme

Post by jsthyme »

:( Well I got the pics of the engine & interior from the guy and she looks to need more work done than I could handle on my own - so back to trolling Ebay & craigslist - I'll try to find out how to post the pics he sent me so if anyone else wants to check her out - she'll be a beauty if the right people get her :cry: wish it could be me!!!