What do you look like?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

What do you look like?

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

As most of you know, Rudy has been encouraging us to post pics of ourselves, he says it's good to have an image of someone to go with their name. I must agree, he is correct. So here are a few of me.

In the summer of 2006, a good friend of mine asked me if I would help him build a dual axle car hauler. The day we started a heat wave hit, it was 109 degrees, and it lasted until we were finished. Funny how that works.

Here is the basic outline of the trailer. It's about half finished in this photo.

This is me working on it.

I think I'm tack welding, because I never weld with skin exposed.

All the pics so far were taken in Woodland Hills, Ca. These pics were taken in Simi Valley, Ca. at my brother's machine shop. He did the pockets for the tail lights on his CNC milling machine.

Well, that's about it, OH WAIT! I almost forgot the one Rudy is waiting to see. Scroll down...

Hi Rudy.
Last edited by Jones'n4chrome on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dburt

Post by dburt »

If you go to my Facebook page, you can see me in person. Just type in Dennis Burt, hopefully there are not alot of us in there by the same name. I'm the one in NE Oregon, Enterprise is the town I think I am listed under!

Prepared to be amazed, enchanted, delighted, enthralled, filled with joy and rapture! Or some may be somewhat disappointed? :?:

Kinda like when I saw Sharkey's rather small non-descript photo! I expected to see a literary giant in the mold of Hemmingway, Clemens, etc. But Sharkey seems rather ordinary, he is not 8 feet tall after all! :lol: Sometimes the dream is better then the reality. Oh well, it is what is inside the intellectual genuis that counts anyway, correct?? What are looks for anyway? :roll:

Last edited by dburt on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Chuck, I tried two web browsers and still can't fully load up some of your pictures on this thread. Let me know of they load fully for you. If they don't, I have ways to correct that.

There are plenty of photos of me on various threads here on Sharkey's site. Here are a few that I have not posted yet.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Hi Rudy,
The pics load fine on my computer, I know Steve told me on SharkChat (plug) that he saw them. Maybe the content is too large for one post?

Nice pics of you, if I was as handsome as you, I would post all over Sharkeys site also. :lol:
Let me know if you want me to email them to you.

Chuck

Additional study material.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/handsome
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

DB, Nice picture. Nice smile. Am I the only one around here who wears glasses?
Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

I have to wear glasses to read, and to drive. The only things I can see clearly are about 2-30 feet in front of me. One old age penalty I guess!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

OK, Here's a more currant pic of me, Today :lol:

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Coming soon, stay posted.
splummer

Post by splummer »

chuck like the m and the bus how about more of them also i have some coming
MrBreeze

Post by MrBreeze »

OK Bye
Last edited by MrBreeze on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Welcome. You look like a pro bus driver in that photo. Start a thread on your bus, with more pics. I will be starting one soon myself.
Come join us on SharkChat some time, it's fun.
Again, welcome to Mr Sharkey's site.

Chuck
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

John, join us on chat. It is fun. Mile High? Are you in Denver?
Got love? Give love.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

John,

I'm anxious to hear about your trip from Lake Havasu to Denver.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Ok, as promised here is another pic of me working on the trailer. I'm milling something, but I can't tell what it is from this photo. What I can tell from this photo is that I'm sun burnt, it was so hot that week.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Now this trailer was built for dual purpose, work and play...lets start with play. My good friend Jody is the one who needed a trailer for occasional side work hauling cars for the movie industries, normally he drives a camera car. Jody has had this 1970 Cuda since shortly after high school, back when they were a dime a dozen. If you would like to see more about his car, it is currently in Car Craft magazine.
I think he took this photo at the John Force race shop in Yorba Linda, Ca. John has a cruse night car show there once a month.