any one here planning on becoming mobil soon

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

any one here planning on becoming mobil soon

Post by splummer »

any adventures coming soon to any one here .we have ginger doing here move , it seems we have been stationary for a while. at the spure of the moment we decided to leave for a few days, going to reg the bus and finish her clean up and leave to go up the coast.weather here will be nice after today for a while so its time to put on a few miles on the bus. steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

I'm just gettin' ready to do some bus work (minor stuff) but I will be out in the metal tent soon......

We have a resevoir nearby and also the bearspaw mountains....lakes, trees etc. One of the best kept secrets around here....they even have skiing in the winter. Strange, but because they sit back from the main highway they don't look like much but you drive in and they are amazing.

I definitely plan to have the metal tent staked out there a few times this summer....
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I still have to go up north (200 miles) and pick up the 69 Crown, I'm sure that will be an adventure.
When I get back, I want to remove the seats and do as much beach camping as possible, as I feel my days in Southern California are numbered.

Have fun Steve. Take some pics.

Chuck
scott

Post by scott »

I will be driving the 66 high top Crown from Seattle to Arizona in a few weeks. Looking forward to a great trip!
Scott
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Scott, perhaps you could register to the forum. You could join us in the Sharkchat. It is fun. Please post some pics of your bus. I lived in Ballard for a year. Rudy
Got love? Give love.
Bob

Post by Bob »

For me a huge part of living in vehicles is moving..I kinda think its the point. As long as I am on the planet I am going to see as much of it as I can! Right now I am in Eureka Ca heading north up the Oregon coast, then east through the Columbia river gorge. Destination is Chief Timmothy Campground in Wa. where my wife and I will live and work for 6 months/ Then....who knows???
Wherever I am...I am home.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Chuck- if your days in SoCal are numbered, where are you heading to when that time comes?
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

dburt wrote:Chuck- if your days in SoCal are numbered, where are you heading to when that time comes?
I'm not sure yet. As of right now the "Biffwinkle Compound" in Gildford Montana is the best option though. Out of all my family Ted and I have the most in common.
scott

Post by scott »

Hi Rudy, i will register as soon as i get a new laptop, as i am presently without my own computer. i was registered as earthhorns before, but do not remember my password.
this forum is great! it lead me to the purchase of my dream bus, the 66 high roof crown from the thread "what do you think of this vintage crown conversion?" I will be living in the bus while i drive jeep tours at the grand canyon this summer. I will have the 66 parked on old route 66!
Scott
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Scott, rather than have you re-register, I'd prefer to repair your existing "earthhorns" account by changing your password to something that you can use to access your profile and account. Email me (using the "Email Sharkey" link in the menu at left or click the link in this text) and I'll make it so.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Chuck- with "the big one" due any time down there in SoCal, you better get busy and make that move to Montana! Today's quake was just a little reminder not to get to comfortable- the big one is coming! :)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

dburt wrote:Chuck- with "the big one" due any time down there in SoCal, you better get busy and make that move to Montana! Today's quake was just a little reminder not to get to comfortable- the big one is coming! :)
Thanks Dennis.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Chuck, did you feel the quake down there today? I was in a 5.2 in about 1979 or '80 when living in SoCal. Scared me to death! :roll: When I went out of our apartment after it stopped shaking, I expected to see death and destruction all around. All it did was shake a few things off of some store shelves. What really got to me was the noise coming up from out of the ground. It made the hair stand up on the back of my neck! :shock:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

DB, I was eight miles from epicenter of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake as I watched my brother's house crumble. The ground became giant roaring monster.
Got love? Give love.
Jerry Campbell

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Hello Friends,
We are planning a trip from Oregon to Minnesota and back sometime in June or July. About 3000 miles.
We just got home from a trip south, 5938 miles, about half in Mexico. VERY BAD roads. About 1/3 of the trip on WVO.
Gotta' have a road trip now and then to help keep life simple. The cure for too much stuff.
Jerry