any one here planning on becoming mobil soon

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Hate to break your bubble, but you are moving from one "GoodOldBoyville" to another....
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Stealth Camper wrote:Hate to break your bubble, but you are moving from one "GoodOldBoyville" to another....
I realize that. I do, however, have lots of musician friends where I am going.
Got love? Give love.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Springfield seems to have some good music going on. And Branson is right down the road and is loaded with it. (Wonder if some who work in Branson live in Springfield?)
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Less than 10 days to when I relocate. I will make sure to have some good sunny driving weather before I go. I do not want to drive in the rain.

I will take pics of the whole event.
Got love? Give love.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

T-minus 10 and counting, roger that, Rudy! Are all systems a "go" at this point?
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rudy, I'm glad to know it's this close for you now. I'm excited for you and worried at the same time. Thanks for posting this update because I've been so consumed by my own "stuff" here that I haven't taken time to email you or anybody lately :roll: BUT I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are and if everything is still on time for your big move. Part of me just just doesn't want to keep asking you the same questions and perhaps making you feel more pressured by having to keep answering those same questions :D

Are you feeling any more confident or less nervous about your trip? Have you taken the bus out for a practice joyride?
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Griff wrote:T-minus 10 and counting, roger that, Rudy! Are all systems a "go" at this point?
Griff, I am under the bus today to replace the bottom radiator hose. That is the last project.

Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Rudy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

ezrablu wrote:Rudy, I'm glad to know it's this close for you now. I'm excited for you and worried at the same time. Thanks for posting this update because I've been so consumed by my own "stuff" here that I haven't taken time to email you or anybody lately :roll: BUT I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are and if everything is still on time for your big move. Part of me just just doesn't want to keep asking you the same questions and perhaps making you feel more pressured by having to keep answering those same questions :D

Are you feeling any more confident or less nervous about your trip? Have you taken the bus out for a practice joyride?
Blu, The bus is registered (as a motorhome). I have insurance through Geico for $118 a year. Minimum insurance.

I will be less nervous when I take a few practice drives. I'll do that next week.

Thanks for inquiring.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Thanks to Mark Obtinario.

Yesterday, I spent a half hour on the phone with our resident Guru Of Mechanical Wonder.

He answered my question about the capacity of my radiator.

I had told him, also, that no heat was coming out of the front heater core. He mentioned that there may be a bleeder valve on top of it to get air out of the system.

He suggested I put a cooling system conditioner in the radiator called NACOOL. You get it at Napa. It is an additive that helps dissipate any deposits caused by electrolysis.

Mark also told me how to adjust my air brakes. You pull on the rod that comes out from the air cannister and adjust the nut on it so there is between 1/2 to 1 inch of travel. Anything over an inch of travel is too much.

On the back brakes, you do the same thing. You adjust the rod with the 9/16 nut. You tap on the brake drum with your wrench. You notice a ring. You tighten the rod until you hear a clunk instead of a ring. Then you back it off 4 clicks.

There is a device that has a detent on the rod. You can hear the clicks when you turn the adjusting nut.

Mark is VERY knowledgeable and has always been willing to answer my questions over the phone.

Many thanks to Mark Obtinario.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

What sucks is that for the next four days, it is going to be rainy. I managed to get the bottom radiator hose off. It is oily and greasy under there due to the leak I had in the lifter pump.

I wore rubber gloves and plastic bags to keep my hands and shirt sleeves clean.

I was a mechanic in the military. When asked, by the base commander, to re-enlist, I told him no because grease and guitars don't mix.

I am excited about the brake adjustment task.
Got love? Give love.
KB2IAW

greasy fingers

Post by KB2IAW »

Rudy wrote:What sucks is that for the next four days, it is going to be rainy. I managed to get the bottom radiator hose off. It is oily and greasy under there due to the leak I had in the lifter pump.

I wore rubber gloves and plastic bags to keep my hands and shirt sleeves clean.

I was a mechanic in the military. When asked, by the base commander, to re-enlist, I told him no because grease and guitars don't mix.

I am excited about the brake adjustment task.
:) I can Just Imagine what the keyboard on your accordian would look like ...
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

My little toy man has the message.

Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Yes...I've noticed how intelligent Mark's posts are and I pay very close attention to them :thumbup: You're so lucky to get to talk to him on the phone and get your questioned answered directly. Thanks for sharing the info about the Nakool...I'm going to add it to mine when I drain my hoses to remove that back heater. That will be my first job when I finally get out there to get started again. It's done nothing but rain every since the tornadoes and snow storm 2 days ago....and it looks like it's gonna be a crappy rainy week ahead.

By the way Rudy...I have a little man, too! Almost exactly like yours :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

My summer place starting 5/22 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »