DualFuel

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I keep a roll of paper towels in all my vehicles at all times, prefer sparkle brand or bounty basic select a size, seems to work good for me, and can and has come in handy for outback emergencies. I keep the roll tied on the back of passenger seat with a strip of leather off of the headrest in truck for easy access while driving. If thats a redneck trait, I'm guilty as charged.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Redneck trait?? I think you just raised the bar!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

does that make me a high end redneck or high maintenance because I have not started working out enough to raise any bars and is that including lifting the barstools with people sitting on them drinking thier favorite beverage and also I don't know about them folks out west but these coonass's down here would probably kill you for spilling thier beer and besides I have never put a tarp in the back of my truck and made a portable swimming pool yet, and it has been nice living in town its a 1 block to the city bus stop since my truck has been broke down, I have learned how to read bus schedules and which busses to catch to go wherever I needed too, I have been watching to make sure earl hasn't moved in with joy sure don't need any drama here, but it is still allot quieter than any RV park I have ever been in, no midnight moving in and out, overall its not too bad, except there is allot of street walkers out on the main drag but they don't come soliciting back in the back where I am at, and some look pretty rough and I seen one that looked like a guy in drag about a mile away. Actually it's been a lesson in how other folks live I guess I was more sheltered than I thought. Anyway a redneck would not live in a bus, they like doublewide trailers down here in La.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Found some old pictures from before we had internet...
Here is Buddaking (Ben) learning to drive the Doodle Bug...

He was 2 and a half or three and had never had a hair cut. She wouldn't cut his hair the whole time I was gone...
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

He was pretty pumped to be there...
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

There just is nothing better then a happy kid :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Ditto Dennis.

Great photos, Dualfuel. Now that's a happy smile! My son was only 2yrs old when my dad put him on the seat of a motorcycle and then gave him an old carburateur off his F150 to "work" on. My son is 27 and still remembers that stuff...very fond memories.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Til the snow goes off, we are working in the green house. We have the house overloaded with plants, and seed cups. Gotta get everything out the door into the green house soon.

The "H" you can see through the window is also looking good too. I swore I wasn't going to worry about putting a producer on a road vehicle until I got the gas plant installed at the Newbush. Now with the breathtaking price of gasoline here, and the uncertainty of finding enough oil to burn, I am really looking at that "H" again.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

When I grow up, I'm gonna be a carpenter.
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

We dug out the rototiller. A bit premature. Hopeful but premature.

Here I am digging out a path to bring in a barrel of methanol to the oil shed. Trying to get pro active. Make a bunch of fuel before Spring Break Out.

The Gasplant.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Checking the hod rod to see what the temperature in the reduction tube is. Looks good and we were pumping good gas at that point.

An oily looking flare. Maybe tar, but couldn't find it in the pipes, so I figured it was the oil from the pump getting past the rings.

Checking gas quality. One more purge and I'll be ready to burn!
Headache

Post by Headache »

Am I reading this correctly in that you refine your own gasoline? I'm unfamiliar with what you are describing but if that's what you are doing A THOUSAND KUDOS to you sir for the ULTIMATE in stickin' it to the man! :thumbup:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I'd like to understand a little more about whats going on Df 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

The short answer is that I am using an old method of making hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide with wood blocks and a gas producer.
The gasplant is a stationary application designed to provide fuel for the propane appliances, so I don't have to listen to a generator in the summer.
My avatar is a picture of me sitting on the storage tanks for the gas.
The H is a 1939 Farmall H "Dualfuel" tractor that I have converted to run on wood blocks as well. Its saw is what makes the blocks. To complete the cycle, I need to put a producer on a road vehicle then I will be able to go get the wood, for the H to cut up and make producer fuel out of.
I have no intention of sticking it to the man. I simply cannot depend on the man for affordable fuel for internal combustion engines. The Man's pricing variations, inflation, and other shenanigans, have led me to explore other options. Or in other words, I feel the man has stuck it to me.
I will write more detailed info later, but leave you with this thought...what other fuel is available for road vehicles? DF
Headache

Post by Headache »

That's more science than I can rightly fathom but I was never an analytical thinker. :?

Now all you need is to create your own hydrogen fuel cells...