DualFuel

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

After making a detailed search for a Oak top I had seen last October, I found it. Then went in with the Evinrude and the 'bogan to ferry the wood out to the truck at the road.

The Evilrude and the 'bogan (in its Skidoo colors)

A load of slabs on the back of the Courier de Bois (Bush Loper).
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

The scene is deceptively beautiful. The sleds ride anywhere on the crust, but if you step off the running board, in the shade, you go in about two feet.
The good news is that its supposed to remain cold for awhile yet so the snow will go slowly away. Its much worse when this all tries to melt in a day. Then the Courier de Bois, and all the rest of the fleet have to have their big mud tires installed.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Dualfuel wrote:My avatar is a picture of me sitting on the storage tanks for the gas.
I want to make my next barbeque out of a tank like that. How gallons will it hold?
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

those tanks are 500 gallons apiece.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Duelfuel...NICE! Are you a member of the WoodGas group on yahoo?

For those of you wanting more info....great group and LOTS of great info and photos.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

By the way Duelfuel...the first car I ever bought for myself was also a Buick Wildcat....mine was a '64. I ended up selling it the museum in Apache Junction, Arizona. I bought it from a pastor who refurbished into mint condition. I was at work (live in mgr for Travelodge Motel in Mesa, AZ) and as I was looking out the window, the car drove by and turned the corner....it was like sloooow motion and I thought to myself "I want THAT car!". A few days later my brother and I were driving and low and behold, I couldn't believe my eyes! There was THAT car parked on a street with a For Sale sign on it and the preacher getting out of it. He sold the car to me for $1100....MUCH less than he was asking but it's all I had. He said he wanted it to go to someone who would love it like he did.

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

ezrablu wrote:He said he wanted it to go to someone who would love it like he did.
Let me guess....so you sold it way too cheap also? :D
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Nope, I almost doubled my money BUT mostly I was glad it was going somewhere to stay preserved. I had to sell it to pay for the hospital bill to have my son. I never had anymore kids cuz none of my cars were cool enough after that to pay for the bill :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I never had anymore kids cuz none of my cars were cool enough after that to pay for the bill
:D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Ezrablu,
I am a woodgas member. I like the group. I was a member of a bunch of other alt energy groups, etc., but I stepped away from them. With the bus group, its like a social group where we keep it light, and non technical. Its good for me to learn and practice that. I am a introverted "A" type personality, that has trouble with chit chat. Friends tell me I type faster then I can think too (which gets me in all kinds of trouble).

Its painful to admit, especially here, where many of the people seem to be older then me, but my back just can't take these stiff sprung old straight axle FWDs anymore. I can drive the wood trucks for under 25 miles then I have to get out or my neck and back start hurting bad. Soooo, I really miss the old Wildcat, with its smooth power, and soft ride. There is a guy around the corner with a "9" for sale. Its a 1968 Buick 225 (2+2+5=9 for those who aren't from Buick City) with a 430cid engine. I don't want to look at it unless I get a producer on a trailer rigged up. I know I won't have gas for a lawnmower this summer let alone a 430. So there it sits, a fond memory.

DF
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/gas ... oyota.html

I am not resting on my laurels here, its just this site was on the laptop and the laptop is folding up with some virus that is taking over and I didn't want to lose the link. More later. DF
splummer

Post by splummer »

iam sure you are not sitting, keep the pics coming, mostly the sunny ones steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm a member of the WoodGas group, too. I lurk quietly like a grasshopper ready to snatch the pebble from it's hand...

Meaning, I'm still trying to learn as much as I can in there so I can give it a whirl without blowing myself up :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Well then,
The Toyota in the picture was the first wood fuel vehicle I ever put running. You can find its history on the thread "the story" here at Mr. Sharkey's.
I had many better videos of me driving it and what not, but they were destroyed by an X ray machine at the Kuwait Airport.
Ezra, you might enjoy talking with Mike LaRosa or Tom Collins. They both have producers, are personable, and in Wisconsin.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> back trouble

20 years ago I started having back trouble after driving my old 72 Chevy service truck all day. Since it _had_ to be driven I tried various fixes. It seemed that the main problem was the _bottom_ of the driver's seat (not the back of it). Putting a piece of plywood on the seat improved things no end and eventually I stapled a pillow onto it to get that luxury look and feel... In other words, the source of the problem wasn't immediately obvious, but there _was_ a cause which could be improved on - wasn't just my back caving on me. Don't know if that's the case with you but FWIW.

Rufus