Motorcycles

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

Motorcycles

Post by GoodClue »

Sorry guys ... posting a new thread with my old pics ... had put them on Music Central, trying to delete the MC posts but will have to get with Sharkey to do it ...

Anyway ... here's my BMW pics again ...

Would love to see your bikes ... I presently only have one out of many bikes over the years, just can't seem to part with this one, '73 R75/5 ... the hack I got for $125 when a mechanic ran it into a parked car ... I've rebuilt the body, used it as a flat bed hauler ... on and off with 4 bolts ...

When I caretook the T-Spoon ranch, Guffey, CO ... wish I still had the two dogs ... still have knobbys on it from then ...

Back from Canada again, when the bike and I were in our prime ... had taken the lowers off the Luftmeister for city work ...

I've used it in my artwork ... that's my Mom in the hack ...

The love of my life, missed her by a century ... she travelled Colorado by herself with her setup taking photos, including this self portrait ...

May have to invest some bucks and get the bike set up for the road again, itching for a good road trip ... been too long ...

This is my latest post:
Just recovered my BMW from several years of tarp storage ... sad ... ex was against it, got put away ...

Rolled her to my new central storage ... tank bag still on ...

Will disconnect the hack and put her in the garage for rebuild.

Windshield busted, mud covered, front forks needs seals ... wiring, cables need checking, replacing, needs upholstry, TLC ... Going to disconnect the hack ... 4 bolts ... major clean up on the bike, replace the knobbies with good road rubber, new battery, exhaust pipes ... May remove the fairing, put on a simple windshield.
Not my highest priority like a summer project, but time to get her up and running. Am starting to look for parts ... Stay tuned ... GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Jerry Campbell

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Nice looking Toaster,
I built a 1979 R100/RS from boxes of stuff a few years back. Finally put an RT fairing on it. We've got about 60 thou on her now. What a cruiser.
Jerry
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Keep the fairing, put on new shield, at least if you're planning more than about 1 hour trips. It may not look as elegant but it sure makes it easier to concentrate on the stuff around you and not your own discomfort. If you've gotta have elegance how about tractor seats? <g>

My .02. Had an R50, Earles Forks - '63 maybe? Don't remember. Those tractor seats were nice.

Rufus
GoodClue

My Beamer...

Post by GoodClue »

Have the Beamer back together:

New exhaust pipes, battery, air filter, oil and filter, fairing windshield, set the valves, general maintenance ...

have ordered saddlebags and a new tank bag ...

Still shows it age ... nicks ... needs upholstery ... but what a sweetheart ...

Will start on the sidecar next as priorities allow ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Looking good!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Doug,

That looks real good!

It looks to good to sell, so you better just keep riding it. :D
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

This will be fun. I will get some photos of Stanley's Beemers. He has four of them. Also, I recently uncovered a photo of me and my 1972 Honda SL 350. I'll get it scanned and post it.

OOPS, I now can't find the photo. I'll keep looking.
Last edited by Rudy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Looks like a bus on a bike.

Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Ooooooh Maaan 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Very cool 8)
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are three pics of a motorcycle that was my main transportation for two years in New England (summer and winter). This is just like the one I had. A 1972 Honda SL 350. Someday I'll find the one I had and post a pic of it. On mine, I had a fairing, sissy bar, rack on the back, and two rails I had welded on to the back rack that held two guitar cases. Mine was the same color as the top pic.

Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Those old early '70's Honda 350 twins were hard to beat- rock reliable in thier day, enough power to get around on, an all around decent bike in an time when most other bikes were throw away items. (Except the beemers, some of the 'guzzies, and one or two others)
aikistan

Doug's BMW

Post by aikistan »

Hello Doug,
Are you a member of the airheads beemer club? clean toaster you got!
Rudy was close, I have 5 beemers 3 airheads ( not a one is road worthy right now. two oilhead naked R's with " mods". Been on Beemer since 74. Am giving a seminar
at the airhead Shinefest rally this spring on effecient, cost effective
bagging techniques, aka dumpster diving farkles and bags for junk hauling
as Rudy can attest to. aikistan
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Hello aikistan ...
I will need to join a beamer club just to find parts ... local dealers sell out old parts stock and don't resupply ... old hat, you know ... I'll check into the airheads club. probably time ...

... got the Nelson Rigg luggage just before the snow flew ... ready for spring ... :wink:

Looking for a GS, either 80 or 100 ... five speed, full cradle frame to mount the hack to ... post or send a link/info to the airhead Shinefest, sounds interesting ...
"ya gotta have art ..."
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Beemer with sidecar for the winter. This pic is courtesy of Stanley.

Last edited by Rudy on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got love? Give love.