collecting

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

collecting

Post by splummer »

i got my bus licence plate yesterday that i won on e pay,a 1960 kanas bus plate,and got wondering what other people collect,iam beginning to think that my collections are getting out of hand. for example i collect viny albums i now have well over 40000 plus, ihave started to collect bus stuff and that collection is getting big, plus trucks. so was wondering if any one out there has the addiction too., just hope iam not a hoarder haha, if i do all i can say its fun, so what do you all collect
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Vintage camping gear, mainly drink jugs and flashlights
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

My flashlight collection can be seen on the Other Stuff forum. The thread is called Flashlights. I also have a few knives. Someday I'll post the knives.
Got love? Give love.
bikevision

Post by bikevision »

my biggest collection by far is my collection of past and present bills :D i can go back ten years worth of bills that ive paid. funny but a few credit cards that i went default on, i dont have a single copy of them. but the rest are in file totes labled by the years on outside and company on inside.

i used to collect metal :lol: . but with scrape prices being so high ive had to let go of most of it. all i got left is about a billion nuts, bolt, screws, and nails that were my dads before he died. the man had over a hundred coffee cans full. in my house you do not throw away screws. you never know when you may need that exact screw. My tool trailer didnt cost me a dime. everyting came from my yard. so i guess the collection is more of a savings acct. :D
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

I collect air compressors. I didn't know I was collecting air compressors. I have dozens, I won't get rid of them and I don't use them all. This has got to be an addictive obsession. I used to tell people that I collect bulldozers, but I use them. The aircompressors really are some kind of subconscious deal where when I see one I say to myself..."I HAVE to have that!"
The oldest one I have is a 1920 Worthington flat belt driven two stroke compressor.
DF