More stuff

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

More stuff

Post by Stealth Camper »

Ok, I will start a topic (another one) in an effort to post as requested.

This is a "tale of woe" litany, that looking at it all in one place makes life look like a country and western song! No worries, not looking for any sympathy; all the characters and main players are doing fine, but this has been a year that I just want to pitch a bitch about, so here it is.

Tornadoes came through this spring - several times - and one of those blasted things took out my brand new windshield! As well as a local truck stop and a few dozen houses right down the street from where I am camped.

After the wettest spring in the history of the world, we have turned dry and hot. Tomatoes are really pissed about that! Garden is groaning loudly. It is in Tulsa area and I am in OKC area today and I can hear it from here. It is turning out to be a bust.

Talked with a guy two weeks ago (supplier of hay bales) who also does land clearing. I have been trying to get a sawmill and it looks like it will be fall. He told me about two tracts of land, one about 5 acres (in town) and another about 200 acres (just east of town) that are being cleared. Lots of walnut, oak and some miscellaneous (red cedar, pine, sycamore, etc). These events won't wait for me and I cannot accelerate my schedule, so will miss a ton (or several) of great lumber that will be burned by large pit incinerators. Real pisser and a huge loss.

Wife got kidney stones this week, so she has been suffering. She is recovering nicely now, though.

Son and son-in-law both had shoulder surgery this spring - one left and one right. Both recovered well. One is even playing golf again and is complaining that he can't seem to get down below the high 70's. Geez....

And last Friday, one grandson (17 yr old) cut a couple fingers off in a table saw. Surgery reattached and stitched up, so will see how it goes, but looking very good for healing right now. There was a hole drilled through the pinky and a pin put in, I guess to hold it on while the stitches healed.

The bike is still not working - time and money. And I still haven't gotten to work on the bus!! Blech!

Oh, but there was great news, too! Turns out one of the granddaughters is going to pop out a kid in November! A Boy Great Grandson!! Yeah!
Even if I am too young for that kind of nonsense.

Whew! I feel better now! It has been a year already!!
I will try to control myself from now on....
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Glad your total is still positive! <g>

Post the wood/clearing info on some wood worker sites?

cheers, Rufus
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

It's all good.

Haven't had time to even get back here as often as I would like. Garden has started coming in this week and have picked/processed about 3 bushels of sweet corn. Work all week, then work all weekend. It's still a great life!

There are 300 tomato plants that are in various stages of disarray. But they are loading up with tomatoes in spite of the heat. Go figure....

Chaos reigns supreme!