so. what happening

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

so. what happening

Post by splummer »

it apears we all have been busy and having fun this summer. what have we all been doing. its been a great summer here in maine, cant remember when the weather been this great, hope the fall will be nice and long.our garden been doing good , one of the best growing years foer a long time.we got lots of things finished and even started new projects, plus a trip or two. hope to hear from you.
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Hi Steve,
I have been working on gutting my new bus, but I smashed my thumb pretty good, so I will be working one handed for a few days.

I will try to start a thread on it soon.

Chuck
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:I smashed my thumb pretty good, so I will be working one handed for a few days.

I will try to start a thread on it soon.
So I suppose this means that I'll have to start a new forum category dedicated to medical problems?

Dry rot repair here. Trying to get the sill, sub flooring, etc. cleaned out and rebuilt so I can put in the new pre-hung front door. That and finishing up the sand blasting.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Truckin' in shingle and spreading it so the bus doesn't get stuck in the mud :(
58 Bedford House
GoodClue

Summer haps ...

Post by GoodClue »

Been hot ... BMW up and running, now with some nice tank and saddlebags ...

New little Lincoln wire feed mig/flux cored ... sweet! Built my bumper w/receiver ... simple, strong ... capped the ends w/gorilla tape so I can use the bumper w/lifts, etc.

Love the cargo trailer shop ... layed two layers of linoleum tile to fireproof the floor ... replaceable squares ...

Now scrounging materials, will take a trip to Aguilar soon where my principle scrap metal stash is.

Steve ... I'm ready to start the Stroh violins ... :wink:
"ya gotta have art ..."
Jerry Campbell

Post by Jerry Campbell »

I've been working on my cabinets. Just finished the computer/tv/stereo desk.
Now on to finish the ham radio desk/dinette seat.
Jerry

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Jerry Campbell wrote:I've been working on my cabinets. Just finished the computer/tv/stereo desk.
Now on to finish the ham radio desk/dinette seat.
Jerry

Looks good Jerry. I like the detail on the overhead shelf.

Chuck
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Doug,

I like your new bumper, it looks beefy.

Some E-track may be helpful in your trailer. It makes it easy to load/unload and helps keep it neat.
I will be adding some to my bus real soon.

http://www.etrailer.com/c-ET.htm

Chuck
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I have been selling some bang bangs, working sporadically, getting all my stuff from storage so that I can sell most of it. Cleaning my bus. Starting the engine. Dreaming of traveling in the spring. Staying inside most days because of the crazy heat outside. Missing the winter season. Be gone in the spring. Playing accordion 1 to 3 hours a day.
Got love? Give love.
GoodClue

Links ...

Post by GoodClue »

Chuck, thanks for the E-Track link ... might work out just right ...:wink:
Glad Rudy posted ... wondering how he's prepping for his move ... Keep us posted Rudy ... :!:
Jerry ... nice cabinetry ... like to see the whole project ... :)
Doug
"ya gotta have art ..."
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Been hot here. Just trying to keep the garden from going away completely. Didn't work. Did get 8 bushels of sweet corn before burning up. Very good stuff. Should last most of the year with just 2 of us eating on it. And I ain't sharing with family, either! (Bad Dad/Grandpa...)

4 Weeks of 105 to 108 with 45 to 65% humidity. Gruesome. More like typical Oklahoma summers than we have had in decades, though. Got a cool front yesterday that took it down to 88 in about 3 hours! Wonderful! Actually got to just stand around outside enjoying the cool.

Bought a $500 travel trailer over the weekend. Needs roof, but most everything else ok. Will get some pictures of the project as it develops. I know - it is another diversion from the bus, but I kind of need it to live in if possible. Old one getting too rough to continue.

Going fishing in Minnesota in Sept. Hope it is cooler there!
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Bought new 40 W/creek closer to town. Been scrapping the bush. 17 tons, 6 cars, 8 trucks hauled in last week. Am working on getting the lowboy up to snuff to haul 8 pieces of equipment, a wrecker box, farm equip., logs, and the sawmill to the new place. Am having a very exciting time learning about carpentry. F-i-L gave me all his wood working stuff. Built a generator house for the Kubota complete with day tank, control panel, and a 12/12 pitch roof. Did it all on solar/ and wind power. Its blowing 40s the last two days. Am going to park the Kubota near the Winnie Bago and just power everything with biodiesel rather then worry about the Kohler in the winnie. Been on the road so much with the stiff sprung Ford, I now have a serious pain in the neck. So got the wrecker legal, with its soft ride, and have been using it as my hauler/taxi. Don't like buying gasoline, but gotta focas on the bigger picture, namely selling the bush 80.
DF