A lesson.

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

A lesson.

Post by Rudy »

Most of you know that I love accordion playing. I have two GREAT accordions. My little one is getting old. Recently, I sold something, which afforded me to spend some money to find a replacement for my little 12 bass accordion. I bought quite a few accordions on ebay this month.
Here's the lesson I learned. Don't buy accordions unless you can play them first. Most of the people selling them know nothing about them (at least they claim that). I realize it is their caveat that lets them sell me junk. Out of the six I have received, two of them are great, one was ruined in transit, and three of them are just plain junk. I am expecting to receive the last one I bought, soon. I sure hope it is playable and sounding good. The crappy ones will be dissected for parts.
If it all works out well, I will have two replacements for my little one, as well as two accordions that I can trade with for other things.
So, look at, and test drive, what you are buying before you hand out the money. No more ebay accordion buying.
One of the most artistic parts of an accordion is the grille. I now have a few grilles to hang on the wall.
Got love? Give love.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Yeah, that's ebay for you. Pretty much what I decided, though so far I didn't get hurt enough to really cry. Name brands, 99+ approvals, some kind of return policy, etc. I like "local pickup" really a lot! <g>

Rufus
dburt

Post by dburt »

The pictures always make them look better then they really are! And- sad to say- way too many folks are not always truthful, or they are just woefully ignorant. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Update: I just received a little 12 bass accordion. It is immaculate. I am very pleased. Also, the 120 bass accordion has a wonderful sound. Of course, I had to do some accordion surgery on that one, but it is a keeper, as well. I am all done buying accordions for now. Next time will be going to see the accordions in person.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Nice< anything that brings you joy Rudy old boy 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.