Happy Thanksgiving

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

Keep your head down when you cross that border Jerry- don't want you catching a stray lead flier!
Patrick46

Post by Patrick46 »

Enjoying the snow, 'eh??
...well my son & I drove up to Pasco WA Tuesday (and back that same night) in that damn snowstorm!!!
We did just fine in my Scion Toaster...but the morons who don't know how to drive in this stuff were all over the place. We did fine up 'till the Dalles...where an 18 wheeler got jacknifed all over the road...completely blocking I-84. We sat in a 14 mile line for over an HOUR!!! :x
It was then that I noticed an off-ramp just on the other side of the semi truck we were next to. (we were in the left lane)...so we skirted around him on the shoulder and got off the freeway. We went through town 'till we could make the 197 bridge over the Columbia River. Once we got to the other side, it was pretty clear, and we blasted down 14 until we got to Biggs Jct, where we crossed back over to Oregon and got back on a now empty I-84, that we took the rest of the way up to our turnoff to go up to Pasco.

So why did we go up to Pasco & back in one day in this crappy driving weather...to pick up my daughter we met there, who drove over from Missoula MT., where she's going to college. Grabbed her and hauled ass fer home.

My son just returned home on Thursday night from Australia, where he's been for the last 2 months too!

Thanksgiving is gonna be a BLAST at our house this year!!! Hoping it's the same for all of you! :D 8)

"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

The F's Family, Friend's and Food 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
splummer

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by splummer »

hope everyone has a good day
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Ditto that! Still what with the lousy SoCal weather this fall its only going to be 70 degrees and sunny on Thanksgiving. :lol: Most of the people we have T day with are going to be on the road this year so my wife and I will enjoy a small roast chickhen with all the fixins and just relax. Jack
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the gang. I hope all is well on your home fronts. The kid and I are having dinner out this year and then we're gonna lay around and watch a couple of movies on the tube :D It's been a pretty good year for the most part and there's lots to be thankful for
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Dennis ... Happy Thanksgiving to all ...

Had a great dinner with my Mom ... 94 and better than most in their 60s ... she's a blessing I'm truly grateful for, among others.

Will try Chat again today ... start checking around noon, mtn time ... and periodically till someone shows ... ... GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."