Greymouth mine disaster.

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Wallfly

Greymouth mine disaster.

Post by Wallfly »

Condolences to their families and friends. Our mates in New Zealand have been having more than their share of bad luck lately; let's hope that will change in the coming year.
GoodClue

Mine disaster ...

Post by GoodClue »

As Wallfly expressed, our condolences to the miner's families ... I asked Stuart the other night on SharkChat as to their conditions, nothing was known at that time ... Earthquakes, mine collapses ... even paradise has issues.
Our deepest sympathies,
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Im offering the same from this end
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

And to make maters worse. The media had the insensitivity to film the families just after they were told.

Sure news is news, but they didn't need to do that to get their story across.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Stuart- the wife and I felt so bad when we first heard about the mine accident! Now- to hear the rest of the story is so sad all over again- our condolences to all the NZ folks!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

It just go's to show that the media goes overboard on just about everything they do, they could have let the families know privately and if any one wanted to talk with the media afterwards it was thier choice, they use to call it sensationalized journalism not sure what its called now but it happens all the time with so called jounalist and the media that are looking to boost thier ratings it's sickening. My condolences go out to all the victims and thier loved ones, and a prayer will be added at my family dinner for thier sake, sorry if I offended any one but I have a habit of adding my 2 cents worth when I fill the need. James Smith GRAYDAWGS driver and sanitation engineer. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

There were about 10,000 people at todays memorial service for the 29 miners lost.
58 Bedford House