Spooky

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Spooky

Post by Rudy »

This is part of an email I sent to a friend. I think it warrants posting it for my "bus family".

Yesterday, Mike ( the guy I work with) and I drove 200 miles to buy some stone that he will install on his house that he is building. I help him with that project as well. It was raining all day. We were on the highway, and following a tractor trailer rig. The spray behind the truck was a big mist. It was tough to see to drive. Mike was driving. I was staring at the red lights of that trailer when, all of a sudden, I felt ill. I became nauseous, my skin turned pale, I began to have a cold sweat, but the most outstanding part of this attack was that I lost my vision. I was looking through the windshield, and was perplexed that all I could see was a white blur. I then looked at my hand, and could barely make it out. The first thing I though was that I was glad I was not driving.

Then, I thought that perhaps I was going into the "white light". Funny thing is that I was not afraid, even if this was the end. I really considered that it was the end for Rudy. The first bout lasted 4 minutes. Then I had 1 1/2 minutes of lucidity. Then another bout lasting 3 minutes. It was not until I took a big gulp of Mike's soda that I finally returned to earth.

So I had to consider what just happened to me. The first theory was that it was Vertigo. The second theory was that it was an attack of Diabetes.( I wondered why drinking the soda made it go away). There is no history of Diabetes in my family.

What was going through my mind when this happened was that I was being called, but was allowed to return because my "mission" on this planet is not completed. Spooky!

Another strange thing is that today is the first day I have felt relief from the pain in my big toe, which was broken many years ago, and has been hurting badly for a week and a half now. Also, this is the first day in a year where I was not sore after a day's work. Also, I had more energy and speed than I have felt in a long time. Strange!

I will keep you updated.

Rudy
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Maybe you ARE dead!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Oh Yeah. Jacob's Ladder!
Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

The symptoms sound like an acute anxiety attack- shortness of breath, tunnel vision, tingling skin, increased heart rate- an adrenelin dump can cause all these symptoms and even more! Anxiety or panic attacks can be caused by fluctuating seritonin levels in the brain. The brain likes a steady flow, with no wild highs or lows. Meds like Lexapro are called seritonin reuptake inhibitors, they regulate the brain's production and use of natural seritonin, and keep it from "over peaking" or dropping too low. It is a very frightening thing to have such an episode! :shock:

Avoiding stress, drinking lots of water, etc are some natural remedies that help also.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Two things come to mind...low blood sugar. I get shakey (not sharkey) and if really bad, see spots like holes in my vision "screen". Usually I have to wolf down biscuit or bread, rye crisp is best though.
The other is crazier, but if you were staring at the taillights, were they LED taillights? Those things blink and could induce epilepsy, like a strobe light.
I have some worn out LEDs that make me nauseous if I stare at them for longer then just passing. They get old and blink slower.
Well good thing I'm not a doctor or I'd be telling you to take Vitamin C and Fishmox....
Jacob's ladder indeed.
DF
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I've had acute anxiety attacks, but they were never accompanied by tunnel vision or nausea. I've also been in shock several times, and that DID include tunnel vision. Your blood pressure was in the toilet for a while. Drinking sugary soda helps bring it back more quickly. It doesn't really take physical trauma to cause shock, and yes, it could have been brought on by an episode of vertigo, perhaps coupled with low blood sugar.

I'd recommend not panicking, but keep an eye on this, you don't want it happening when you are driving, climbing or when you are not in a position to summon help. If you feel another attack coming on, lay down and elevate your legs and arms too, if possible. Low blood pressure can be caused when the tissues of your legs soak up and hold large amounts of blood. In fact, fighter jet pilots wear a suit that compresses their legs with air pressure to prevent them from hogging the blood in their system in high-G maneuvers.

[spooky voice] Fooolllowwww the liiiight, Ruuudy, fooolllowwww the liiiight [/spooky voice]
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Rudy go to the VA hospital and get checked out, its one of your post military benefits use it. What you could have expierience was a blood clot in your foot or toe they are painful as hell, the vibration of riding could easily have jarred it loose and if it being small enough could have given the same mental effects you describe, if it would have been larger you might have got to turn off the lights for good, who would look after your animals, get your bus, talk to orbit and chuckles, the state might even sell your accordians to the highest bidder. Hey if nothing else you will get a good physical you probably need anyway, it could have been the lights who knows for sure go get it checked. James
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy ... you can't check out, we won't let you :!:
Follow the good advice of your friends ... tho I don't trust the VA it is one of your options ...

This is for you ... I've finally got the guitar, mando and violin hung ... you might have to look close to see the violin, turned sideways to your view on the back wall to the right of the door ...

I don't have the accordion in the pic ... but everything is accessible for when the mood hits ... I am diligent and practicing :thumbup:

You are my, are OUR inspiration, our muse ... I truly expect you to be one of the performers in the Snake Oil Medicine Show when I get it going :!:

PS ... that's hopper on the table to the left ... pics taken with cell phone, sorry for the quality ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Quick! Give me the paddles! CLEAR!!! DAMIT RUDY! COME BACK TO US!!! WE WONT LOSE YOU BUDDY! CLEAR!!!! :shock:
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Go to the dr. Rudy, make sure your ok, We don't need to lose a member of the bus and truck dwelling family 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OK OK. On a rainy day, I will go to the scary V.A. hospital. For now, I have 43 days tied up. It is NOT my time to go. With all the foolishness of my youth, I should have left this planet many times over. There IS something big that I need to accomplish. What is it, you may ask. Well, I do not know.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

GOOD advice...same thing I told him. Nothing to mess around with and if it's all good, then the peace of mind is worth the time.

Song for Rudy :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCTYxIsLThA
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
aka wallfly

Post by aka wallfly »

Good prescription, Ez. Those were the days.

Meanwhile Rude, until you get to see the corporate shamans, always carry a miniature of Drambuie with a label on it: "in case of emergency break glass and pour into uppermost orifice."

P.S. You'll know it when you see it.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ahhh..."the drink that satifies" from my Scottish ancestors. Yep, I've got Celtic blood running through these veins...it's where I get this crazy wild red hair, my love bartering, travel, strange urges to head hunt, rape and pilvedge...

ok, not really, but the hair, bartering and travel part is true :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy,

I'm sending the site nurse to examine you.
Most likely she will ask you to "open your mouth and say AAAAH"

With any luck she will ask you to "turn your head and cough" either way, don't forget to say

AAAAAAAAAH!